Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching around but didn't see it here- is there a kit out there that is plug and play? I.e. no cutting of the existing wiring for all the tail from lights?

Wipac makes one for ROW trucks but NAS seems to be left out.

thanks
if i missed it in search let me know

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts
NAS trucks have the later style waterproof connectors don't they?

Some lights come with the connectors installed so there should be no wiring changes.

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Plug and play is fine if the plugs are good. But time and corrosion make cut/solder/reconnect waterproof a better long term solution.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone make a kit?
That was my question...

My plugs are fine there is no reason to cut them off

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I have the NAS connectors if that is what you need. Male ends attach to the lights, females are to repair corroded connectors on the harness. I think i had them listed for $3 each. Free shipping with a $20 order.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
searching around but didn't see it here- is there a kit out there that is plug and play? I.e. no cutting of the existing wiring for all the tail from lights? Wipac makes one for ROW trucks but NAS seems to be left out. thanks if i missed it in search let me know
I bought waterproof gm style connectors and a butane solder gun and I'm going for a full swap.

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts
But the 1994 and later trucks have waterproof connectors already and you can buy LEDs with the the connectors installed.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can I buy NAS lights with the connectors ?
The RN kits don't have them they are bare wire wipac lights.
I haven't seen any since ECR stopped doing them. That I recall.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did, and all I saw where the smaller ROW lights in kits
Same as britpart , paddocks, Etc.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used a set of these for the rear. They are very high quality and waterproof - they need to be since they get sprayed by the rear tires. They come in 2 and 3 conductor sizes, so now I have a single connector for each light.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bam! perfect i totally forgot about mudstuff - and these are the same as the old ECR lights too boot.
thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts