Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Think I saw you driving this thing around before. I was pulling out Wegmans in Ocean in the 90. You were traveling north on 35. Chased and caught up to you as you were hitting the jughandle into Monmouth Mall.

· Premium Member
6,640 Posts
I traveled with a 6x6 Pinzgauer in Guatemala earlier this year for 10 days into the Peten. They are immensely capable vehicles, although a bit under-powered.

The one we were with had to drop out of the expedition because of a head problem, but I was amazed that the Pinz engines have a separate head for each cylinder!

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that sounds like a great time overlander. Yes the pinzgauer is definetly a little under powered but an amazingly engineered vehicle. I'm constantly amazed at this truck.

Wish I would have known about this trip! We just spent some time in Guatemala too!
We went to Tikal and stayed on the lake there.... We also went over to lake atitlan and stayed on the lake there. Man that lake is amazing!
One heck of an adventure that's for sure!

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maximal said:
Awesome truck. Were you set on a pinz or did you look at mogs too?
I looked at MOgs first. Love em just too big for me really.
Then I was pretty dead set on a land rover fc 101 but that is pretty big as well. Basically would have bought either and this truck just fell in my lap.

Thanks for the complement

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
airbornrover said:
The one guy that owns the Rover dealership in Ocean use to own a 101 and sold it some years ago. Use to see it when they were on 36 there.
Wow your going way back. I saw that truck at the dealership back maybe 10 yrs ago maybe more.
That truck left one heck of an impression on me

------ Follow up post added October 11th, 2012 06:09 PM ------

Overlander said:
here's the one I traveled with in Guatemala on the NLX trip. Looks it drove off the set of Jurassic Park
That is one serious looking truck.
I'm very jealous of that trip. Would have loved to even ride along on a trip like that.
Let me know next time! :)

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
here's the one I traveled with in Guatemala on the NLX trip. Looks it drove off the set of Jurassic Park
Must have been very similar to being thrown over a cliff inside a garbage can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.