Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've asked this before, and my search didn't find too much on the subject so here goes:

If I upgraded my rear from drum to disc, do I need to replace the stock PDWA unit with one from a newer vehicle that had disc in the back? What about if I added vented front rotors and matching larger calipers? (I've got disco sized fronts at the moment).

It looks like my stock PDWA would have been NRC7871 or maybe NRC6515 and the newer version like what would be found on a NAS 90 would be NTC8836.

I've read some places that this component doesn't really do anything other than turn on a light if you loose pressure to a circuit. Instead of replacing it with the correct version (if that's even needed) could I just remove it and join the pipes together?

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
You may delete the PDWA valve entirely and replace it with a T fitting.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Pull it. It is IMO, a week link in the system. Instead of being a safety warning device it is a safety hazard (particularly older units). Mine drained the MC during a 1000 mi road trip, the sensor never illuminted. After tearing out the PWDA in a gravel parking lot and reconnecting the lines with some unions from the local auto parts store it has been great for the past two years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.