Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From any 3.5/3.9/4.2 vehicle.
I only need the connector with a few inches (say 3 minimum) of wire.
If you were going to throw away your old sensors, please cut off a connector and send it to me instead. You'll be saving me a trip to the junk yard.

Will happily pay shipping plus say $20 ?

(I'm in San Francisco, CA)

Thanks
- Mat

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Or cut both ends and fit up a new WeatherPack 3 way.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I can help you out with that, I've got some dead sensors. I'm in Lake county but away for the weekend, pm me your address and I'll get it on its way the first part of the week.

·
Registered
407 Posts
TigerDan: Since we're talking connectors, you wouldn't happen to have the 5-pin main connector for the main harness that feeds power to the ECU, would you? I'm looking for the male mating part. It's either black or white in color and the pins are arranged in 2 rows.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'll take a look at a couple of scrap RRC wiring harnesses I have and see if they have the connector you're looking for. A pic might help though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great, thanks. Here is a picture of the plug (female end). Looking for the male end with as long a lead as you can manage (pigtails).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
No, don't have any of those to spare...I use them to make Rovergauge/USB connector cables.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I must be confused then, as I assumed that this plug was the main feed to the EFI. It has 5 pins and they seem to be heavy gauge wires.

The plug you are referring to is Diagnostic Plug/Data Link Connector, and that's only a 3-pin plug. No? If not, what does the EFI Power Cable look like?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Those connectors are used in various places around the vehicle. The data connection for the ECU uses that style of connector, but only uses 3 of the 5 pins.

I really don't know what connector you're looking for...I'm not even sure that there is specifically an EFI power cable connector. I just dug out a couple of my harnesses for a better look, including my '94 D90 engine harness, and all that there is in the vicinity of the ECU connector are the relays for the fuel pump and ECU and their connectors, the diagnostic connector and in the case of the D90 harness, two yellow relays on their connectors. If you are looking for a connector that mates to one you pictured above, as I already stated, I don't have any available right now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Fair enough. The harness you described sounds a lot like the one on my engine, and so does the diagnostics connector, so I'll leave that alone, especially if I decide to use Rover Gauge.

So, how does the EFI get power from the ignition switch and battery, etc then?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'd have to look at a wiring diagram to see the exact path it takes, but it should be from a 12V source to the relay which is of course switched by the ignition, and from there to the ECU connector. Of the two metal-clad relays, the one with the blue connector is for the fuel pump and the black connector is the ECU relay.

Reactions: samer0214
1 - 12 of 12 Posts