Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have a roof rack or load bars and looking for a great 270 degree awning - I have LH and RH mount Ostrich Wing Awnings available at $1480 w/free shipping to lower 48. At 110” long and providing 120sqft shade it is designed to compliment the Land Rover 110’s long wheelbase. Designed to be used without legs on normal conditions it also has a built-in leg to deploy and tie down in windy conditions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
Got here fast, heard the delivery truck and then on the front porch, Christmas in March.
The best awning on the market is now available at the best price for USA buyers!
Thank you, Theo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I purchased this awning from an Australian dealer about a year ago. I installed it on my M101cdn camper so the vehicle was free to be driven. It performs well and the value is certainly there. Like any awning there is the issue of rain getting captured on the edges but I don't know any design that would eliminate that problem. This price is a really good deal if you're looking for a batwing awning.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
Quit hijacking with all that awning envy, muthalikka.
Great product!

·
Premium Member
13,605 Posts
Quit hijacking with all that awning envy, muthalikka.
Great product!
Great product, best batwing on the market. I love Marks because he's mounted it up high. Predict yours is going to hit Trey and I in the head frequently. Raub & Needle, not so much.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
We'll dig a hole for you and Trey to stand in and a trench to get in and out from under this great product.
Then the red headed twin tower muthalikkas will have enough room when we're pouring several bottles of Paix Dieu.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
The only reason we ran it at MAR was because the 200 AMP relay had burned contacts and was preventing the auxiliary batteries from charging.
Now have 2 solar panels and a heavy duty relay.
The heavy duty relay will allow the 200 AMP charge from the alternator, if needed.
You guys didn't seem to mind steaks cooked on a george foreman when the wind at the top of the hill was consistently blowing out gas grills.
Can't wait to set up at Uwharrie and use the new Ostrich Wing Awning over 120V appliances.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
yeah, it's something you'll talk about for weeks afterwards...
Weeks?
What's bizzare is when someone I meet up with tells me a story about something we did months or years earlier and then sometimes doesn't realize it's one of us he's talking about.

The blinking pill-cam in the organic outhouse and the "directions" from Nairobi to Tanzania suddenly come to mind...
Practice falling down in the parking lot before you come see me about that.
The kilt kneeling in the presence of greatness...
I won't bring up the clown paintings and the exploding Australian "schrooms".
Need a Tim Tam, mate?
Dump cake, sounds awful I know.

Anyway, virtually step right up and buy yourself the best awning available!
Going fast muthalikkas!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Weeks?
What's bizzare is when someone I meet up with tells me a story about something we did months or years earlier and then sometimes doesn't realize it's one of us he's talking about.

The blinking pill-cam in the organic outhouse and the "directions" from Nairobi to Tanzania suddenly come to mind...
Practice falling down in the parking lot before you come see me about that.
The kilt kneeling in the presence of greatness...
I won't bring up the clown paintings and the exploding Australian "schrooms".
Need a Tim Tam, mate?
Dump cake, sounds awful I know.

Anyway, virtually step right up and buy yourself the best awning available!
Going fast muthalikkas!

You're right.
"Weeks" doesnt begin to cover it.
Years.

I need to see if my schedule will allow a Uwharrie trip this spring.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Banter aside...I'm an interested buyer. His timing was hilarious since I was sick of drooling over Australian defenders getting these and finally reached out to a few shops. So far Theo has been great to deal with and hes working on bringing more than just these awnings from South Africa. As SA truck owner....I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Naw Dick, that truck was fine when it left here, ignore the death wobble, just power through it man"

You legends in your own minds do realize a very patient fellow is trying to sell awnings in this thread ?
I am having a great time seeing the personalities come out!

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
Banter aside...I'm an interested buyer. His timing was hilarious since I was sick of drooling over Australian defenders getting these and finally reached out to a few shops. So far Theo has been great to deal with and hes working on bringing more than just these awnings from South Africa. As SA truck owner....I'm thrilled.
Theo is a great guy to deal with which makes us 2 of quite a few satisfied customers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts