Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I recently picked up a good used top and so I am selling my original 1994 NAS Tickford Top. I will attach a link to photos below. The top has been in storage for 10 years and has experienced some shrinkage. I was able to get all buttons snapped with the exception of the far rear driver side and the rear window buttons. I am sure with enough heat and hot water someone more persistent that I am will be able to snap them all. There is a tear in the upper rear driver side corner, The windows show some age, and the pulls on the zipper are gone (just the actual little pull part - zippers are otherwise fine). Original Land Rover logos are there but faded.

Thinking $1500 including shipping to lower 48 (will have to be a big box because the top header bar is solid metal)

Here is a small gallery of photos:Click here

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was probably ambitious on the pricing — I have not seen one for sale in a while so not sure where value lies. Let’s try $1200 shipped CONUS

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you’re on the fence just toss an offer out. I don’t want this collecting dust in my garage - would like to see it put to use.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Just curious for buyers does it have the 2 straps hanging down behind the B pillar or not with opposing male snaps on the outside of the top?

I have seen 2 types of Tickfords - early version has the 2 straps with snaps so you can roll back the top over the drivers and passengers seat like and snap the top to the B pillar like a "Targa" top.
Later style is missing both the 2 straps and their related snaps on the outside of the top so no "targa" option.

Also does the top have the 2 metal inserts behind the front windows to give it rigidity - they slide into the fabric?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good questions! The windows do roll up and snap to male button on the top. I’ll attach a photo. As far as metal inserts ... I do have two metal pieces that came with the top but I was unsure where they went — maybe these are the insets you are referring to. I will double check when I get home from work.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh reread what you said. No I don’t believe this top will roll back over the driver and passenger

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the photos! Okay nope,
this too does not roll back like yours.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
That is a best top post they come in a set of two, one for each side. I think any of the usually suspects carry it - Badger, Rovers north.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts