Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all

I have a 1977 101FC that I'm looking to trade for a van body LMTV in the $35-45k range. Would also consider a HEMTT, Unimog, or any other ex-mil vehicle with a hard shell on the back. Where you're at in the US is no issue, I drove this home from Phoenix. I can load it onto a Uhaul trailer as it only weighs 5k pounds. Located in Bozeman, MT

Mine has 37k kilometers on the original engine and body, is 99% original and complete, one of 246 ever produced, one of the few originals left outside a museum in the world, and a blast to drive up to its cruising speed between 55 and 60mph. Runs and drives flawlessly, starts great in the cold. Would be a perfect collector piece. I thought it would be a great camper conversion, but it's so original that I don't want to mess with it. Have the original headlights and fogs, but had to swap so I could actually see at night. I love driving this thing around town, but really don't want to give it trail rash or ding a corner because it's so mint.

2 brand new Yellow Tops
Just changed the oil and rotated tires 150km ago

Straight for sale price on it is $35,000, feel free to ask any questions!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I had the money. These are so cool. GLWTS
Thanks! I wish I had a place to store it, as they're so rare and I doubt I'll find another in this good of condition ever again. I'm just not at that point in my life

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sure is! I'm glad I could own it for a brief while, but I really can't appreciate it for what it really is

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone please note that Bob had this listed for $25 k in Jan. ‘Not owning her for long’ has still included a hefty rise in your asking price :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Everyone please note that Bob had this listed for $25 k in Jan. ‘Not owning her for long’ has still included a hefty rise in your asking price :rolleyes:
He had it listed for $25k to offload quickly for personal reasons. For that price I also drove a vehicle all the way to Phoenix from MT and the FC all the way home, making no work on his end. This ain't my first rodeo pal

But by all means, if you want to do all the work to get it and all I have to do is sign the title, then let's talk

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
It's a 1078 A0 with around 7500 miles. It has the optional hydraulic winch. I was fortunate to be close the the GOVDEALS auction yard in Atlanta. I previewed and drove at least 30 trucks before buying this and a 1083. It's a great truck but I am not using it and it's not a Rover. I don't like the box on a 1079 you can build something much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a 1078 A0 with around 7500 miles. It has the optional hydraulic winch. I was fortunate to be close the the GOVDEALS auction yard in Atlanta. I previewed and drove at least 30 trucks before buying this and a 1083. It's a great truck but I am not using it and it's not a Rover. I don't like the box on a 1079 you can build something much better.
And I do like the box, space, electric, and heat already on it. I work for Acela so we have a couple boxes laying around, sourcing one isn't difficult. How much are you thinking your 1078 is worth? Shipping might be a nightmare but again, I know a couple guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts