Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the exhaust manifolds on my NAS 90 ceramic coated, and torn between silver and black? I was leaning towards silver, to contrast the nice ARP Black nuts and studs, but now I am thinking Black to contrast the Head and match the Valve Covers....

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Second the black. Solid looks and better function. Did they offer to do ceramic on the inside as well? That’s where it’ll really help. I just did a graphite coat for a quick clean up on the 4.2, but ceramic is the way to go. Unless you have SS, like on my 4.6 I’m just finishing up, where a good ti wrap is about all one can do.
AF54F439-02CE-4DB1-8B80-A4D7DDB6C4DB.jpeg
316190E0-E5F6-4F3D-9611-F9D2091BE6A2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Curious where you are having them done and what they are charging you. Looking to get the heat down in my truck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious where you are having them done and what they are charging you. Looking to get the heat down in my truck
Kwicksliver Charleston, SC I think he told he $180 for the pair. He's powdercoated some other pieces for me the they are excellent.

I've done (powder coated) the Valve Covers, Oil Pan, Coolant Tank, Coolant Tank Bracket, All the metal coolant pipes. I bought the 97 NAS last year, and when it arrived, turns out it had around 4K miles on a new AB Long Block installed by a Dealer in CA. Of course they did not clean anything, so while installing a Crower Cam and lifters, D&D Engineering Machined Rocker Shafts and Rockers, Flowing the Head Intake and Exhaust Ports, NRP Full Exhaust, I am doing a lot cleaning and Powder Coating and Ceramic Coating the Exhaust Manifolds so that the Engine looks as nice as the Truck, as well as performing a bit better. I am also going back with ARP Head Studs and Exhaust Manifold Studs.

I've decided to sell the truck and go back to a 109 or a 110 so I can carry the Grandkids and dogs to the beach so I want the engine to look and perform as well as the Truck looks, as it has zero rust and underside looks almost new. It was a CA truck all of it's life, they just didn't change the oil!

Sorry for the long dialog.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts