Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello - I have a coil sprung 109 (Designa chassis with 110 perches) that I am looking to install heavy duty OME springs on . It isn't used off road much and I am mostly looking for a setup that will help with reducing body roll and to handle the loads it carries. On the front I have a Husky winch, homemade bumper from 1/4" plate, tire on hood and Rover V8. In the rear I usually have 200lbs of dog, toolbox, gear for a family of 4, and hi-lift. Also have a roof rack and thule cargo box. Tires are 255/85-16, so I need 2-3" lift for clearance. Occasionally I tow a car trailer but that would be w/o the gear and other stuff loaded in the back.

The springs I have on it now are 751 front /762 rear (modified to fit 110 perches) and are about 13 years old and tired. The front still seems pretty decent, but the rear sags more than I would like. Looking at the charts, I have a choice of 751 or 766 fronts and 755 or 754 rears. The front choices don't seem drastically different for rating, but the rear choices are substantially different - 660lbs on top of gvw for the 755 vs 1100 lbs for the 754. The 754 seem like they would be too stiff, but on the other hand the 754 seem to be similar to the 762 that I am currently running and want to stiffen up.

Any recommendations or real life experiences would be much appreciated.

thanks.

[URL=http://s163.photobucket.com/user/Mogly406/media/IMG_1243_zpsvjcxgnpb.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Premium Member
15,169 Posts
Do you have the wide 110 style perches on the back? The front actually looks good to me. Do you have a self leveling unit? Too heavy 110 rear springs are miserable in my experience.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No self leveling unit. The rear perches on the frame are the larger diameter for 110 springs. I don't know about the width between perches... I wasn't aware that was different on the 110 also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts