Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going everyone! Just wanted to say hi ! Got a 97 defender 90 NAS . Just recently bought from my dad a couple of months ago! He bought it in 99 in Tulsa Oklahoma! Well long story short he accidently hit my truck backing out so I started driving the rover for months! I fell in love with it so I made a joke about selling it. He looked at me and laughed! Knowing he wouldn't sell it ! But to my surprise he told me a price which was a great price but knowing me had to come back with a counter offer. He was like I can't do that. But two days later went to work at my dads cabinet shop . Walks up to me and told me I would sell it to you for that . He told me he watched how I was taking care of it and fixing things left and right on it! So it's your turn . I tell you what I couldn't get to the bank fast enough. So now the owner of this bad boy! The more I drive it the more I love it! Just ready to make it my own with some customization!

·
Mendicant
8,377 Posts
I clicked on this thinking I was going to get Steve Martin as Ruprecht the Monkey Boy screaming “Oklahoma!“ and being threatened with the genital cuff.

·
Registered
707 Posts
How is it going everyone! Just wanted to say hi ! Got a 97 defender 90 NAS . Just recently bought from my dad a couple of months ago! He bought it in 99 in Tulsa Oklahoma! Well long story short he accidently hit my truck backing out so I started driving the rover for months! I fell in love with it so I made a joke about selling it. He looked at me and laughed! Knowing he wouldn't sell it ! But to my surprise he told me a price which was a great price but knowing me had to come back with a counter offer. He was like I can't do that. But two days later went to work at my dads cabinet shop . Walks up to me and told me I would sell it to you for that . He told me he watched how I was taking care of it and fixing things left and right on it! So it's your turn . I tell you what I couldn't get to the bank fast enough. So now the owner of this bad boy! The more I drive it the more I love it! Just ready to make it my own with some customization!
Great story. Super cool it’s staying in the family.

Need pictures!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait to start customizing it though! Going to look way better when I am done!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Can't wait to start customizing it though! Going to look way better when I am done!
Wow she’s a beaut!

You have what appears to be a gorgeous, stock example, don’t go too crazy with mods (just me being selfish). It’s yours, do what you want!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's going to be very simple new wheels and tires and might paint the roof red to match or black! And tint the windows dark ! Just simple

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much by the way! I really enjoy it . Always getting asked what it is. Or what kind of jeep which I hate . Don't insult the rover lol! It gets a lots of looks and lots of good conversations with some good people! It's the only one in this town! I have only seen a few pass through this town.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
congrats.. great story.. first thing i thought when i saw the pic was the white roof on a red truck is a great look.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was stationed in OKC on and off for 12 years and can't recall ever seeing a Defender. So definitely unique on the wind swept plains of Oklahoma. Have fun getting that red clay off of it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You really don't out here! Man that mud sucks I have detailed that thing for a week I took out the seats and all that to clean it! It's been in the country down dirt roads it's whole life . So just imagine how dirty that thing was! Now it will never touch another dirt road again lol!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Great looking truck. I'd definitely hang on to your take off parts like the alloy wheels and brush guard. Years ago I modified my NAS when I bought it and recently I started returning it back to stock-ish appearance. It was great to get most of the parts I needed out of storage. I'm actually shocked I had the foresight to do that back then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you! Definitely . I'm used to the custom world have had mini trucks my whole life and I have one I could keep the parts it a frame off bagged and boddied 95 Chevy s 10 everything is shaved and over the top modified where it can't be changed back. But my defender I'll definitely keep it all because if I ever sell it . Which I probably won't! I also have the stock parts to go along with it! Know doubt because a lot of people want that that stock look !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts