1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Sorry I don't share the same opinion. Yes he was fairly good. Except my insurance coverage went up immensely to help subsidize people that did not have insurance and that was wrong. And 100% coverage is no longer even offered.
The greatest?! No.
But the debate of who the greatest president was is debatable over the course of 44 of them.
Greatest in my lifetime, Reagan.
Greatest ever? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone 7Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Had a complete paragraph typed but hit delete...believe what you wish

but by far not the greatest president...

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
You may meet some resistance on this board..... He's been the best president in my existence.

·
Premium Member
4,597 Posts
He was an epic piece of **** and should not be celebrated or honored.

You can have your opinion but I know a good majority of my friends who were negatively impacted directly by actions of this President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Multiple response:

Type whatever you want. This is the mud pit. Obviously everyone rates a president based on some criteria that is important to them. For example, Reagan was a great president if you have an affinity for corruption, dictators, the apartheid regime, and love seeing people die from AIDS while the White House laughs about it. Or maybe you hate Native Americans, then you'd rate a president based on his policies against them, number killed, and suffering endured. Then the distinct honor of greatest president would probably go to Andrew Jackson, the dude who stares at us from a $20 bill to remind us of the horrors of long ago.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Notice I did not say Obama was a bad president. Just not the greatest.

You seem to have focused only on the negatives during the Reagan administration.

And forgive me in advance for being selfish. But the Obama years negatively effected me personally. I'm financially worse off these last 8 years.

And while I was not a big fan of GW Bush or even Clinton, I was at least stable and making positive headway.

The next four years are going to be very interesting to say the least. Trump may surprise us all. But all we can do is take a wait and see stance.

Sent from my iPhone 7Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I get the feeling in 6 months we are all going to miss Obama. History will forget 'Obamacare' the minute it is repealed (ironically it will likely define Trumps presidency as the responsibility to replace will be on him).

Obama's legacy will be marriage equality, tracking down Bin Laden, and guiding America's recovery after the stock market crashed in 2009. With any luck, preserving our public domains as open space will be something we never even realize Obama did, because the second it comes up it means we've sold off our collective American trust.

That's democracy for you. We've got 4 years to see what a robber baron in the White House looks like.

Honestly I hope we see some 'great' things. I want to have 'the best' 4 years ever under a Republican president. I'm hopeful just skeptical.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Obstructionists boggle the mind. If he succeeds, we all do!
I forgot, I think history will also mark the partisan congress as the least productive. They spent most of their timing complaining about affordable care and no time trying to fix it. The Health Insurance lobby spent a lot of money to polarize Americans on the ACA. So long pre-existing conditions!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts