Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am trying to recruit someone in the Northern Va/DC area who has some experience with a timing belt swap for my 1993 D90 200tdi. I have all the parts already and a timing belt tool kit which will be arriving in a few days. I already have all the other tools needed. I just don't have enough experience to be messing around with this. I have watched Youtube videos showing it, but I think this is just too precise for such a novice. I already have the viscous fan off, radiator and intercooler out. I will get the water pump off and the timing belt housing off in the next few days.

I started off swapping the starter and radiator, intercooler, and turbo ( all 3 are new from Allisport), and wanted to do the alternator and water pump but realized that I should do the timing belt while I have everything exposed. I am hoping that someone out there has the mechanical skills and some time to help. I will happily provide whatever payment/food/beer required...

I am in Haymarket, VA. The 90 is in my garage....Thanks in advance!

James

·
Premium Member
7,126 Posts
Frankly, you don't need the timing tool kit. I'd come over and help but I'm tied up this weekend. There are lots of us in NoVa that have the wits to do this task.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply! This weekend wouldn't have been good for me either, but any other time you are available would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts