Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
That's an NAS. I wonder how much they are asking.
If I had the money, I'd prefer yellow. But red would do.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
It looks just like my 97 D90 SW except that speedo. I've had two go out on mine over the years, so it may have just been replaced with a different model.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That one was not imported and sold here by LR ??
I don't think so, given the CarFax info. How far does it go back...not far enough for a US LR.
I'm guessing this is Japan or Saudi import and the speedo was in Km originally. Not to much disclosure by the seller.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
And $62K!!

------ Follow up post added June 21st, 2015 06:40 AM ------

Do tell in your wisdom what makes you believe it isn't a NAS?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
1st line of the Carfax report:
01/14/2014 US Dept of Transportation
Savannah,GAVehicle imported and declared to meet US
highway safety specifications
Bond released on 05/05/2014

I thought only the NAS vehicles had the number plate on the rear panel though.
I have this exact same vehicle and the only two things I see off are the speedo is the wrong model, but the original may be NLA, and the seat fabric is wrong.

It is interesting that the vehicle was imported stating that it meets the U.S. Specs. My understanding is that this requires the DOT sticker, and is a very difficult to prove. I am not a pro at this by any means.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
It is a 1997 JDM Defender 90 (JDM= Japanese Domestic Market). The quick give aways are the indicator lights on the side front quarter panels. They are smaller and in a slightly different position than a true NAS (NAS= North American Specification). The 1997 JDM build specs otherwise are almost identical to NAS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts