Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm assisting a good friend in the UK to assemble a set of factory original new old stock BF Goodrich All Terrain TA tires, size 265/75/R16. They are to go on a completely original 50th Ann. V8 90 with very low miles. The tires in-question are the "old school" style BFG AT's without the angled side tread/lugs. They are most likely to be found as new unused original spares from 1995-1997 NAS Defender 90's. Ideal tires will have been kept under tire covers or possibly taken off and stored away. The tire(s) must be new unused, with minimal to no cracking of the rubber preferred.

Example photos of a tire I've already sourced may be found attached below.

Please PM if you should have one or more these tires available. I've sourced one and I'm looking to assemble a complete set of five (5) tires. We don't expect to find a full set all in one place (stranger things have happened though!), and therefore we will gladly buy individual tires. My thanks in advance for your consideration! Cheers!

:Thanx:

- Will H.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
If I had only known someone wanted those. I've thrown away at least 4 "new looking" ones over the years based on the age alone. Discount tire told me they won't mount a tire over 6 years old

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Can't help with the BF. But gots aanew(lol) never been out of the truck RRC spare Michelin XM+S 244 in 205 r 16

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had only known someone wanted those. I've thrown away at least 4 "new looking" ones over the years based on the age alone. Discount tire told me they won't mount a tire over 6 years old
Sam,

That's a shame! My friend's 90 is still rolling on the same tires it left the factory with in 1998! Hence, the need for replacements! He's definitely doing everything he can to slow the aging process!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts