Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am trying to recruit someone in the Northern Va/DC area who has some experience with a timing belt swap for my 1993 D90 200tdi. I have all the parts already and a timing belt tool kit which will be arriving this week. I already have all the other tools needed. I just don't have enough experience to be messing around with this. I have watched Youtube videos showing it, but I think this is just too precise for such a novice. I already have the viscous fan off, radiator and intercooler out. I will get the water pump off and the timing belt housing off in the next few days.

I started off swapping the starter and radiator, intercooler, and turbo ( all 3 are new from Allisport), and wanted to do the alternator and water pump but realized that I should do the timing belt while I have everything exposed. I am hoping that someone out there has the mechanical skills and some time to help. I will happily provide whatever payment/food/ beer required...

I am in Haymarket, VA. The 90 is in my garage....Thanks in advance!

James

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Out of curiosity, what timing belt kit did you order? I'm about to change the timing belt mine (also 200tdi).

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the RoversNorth timing belt tool kit, Genuine tensioner and Dayco timing belt, and then proline gaskets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts