Defender Source Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
I spoke to them this morning and they said all US sales would go thru Art. They also said the fresh air vents would still be fully functional in the version they're completing now.
Looking forward to this. This - seems like its gonna have so much more room in the back for custom wiring applications and looking forward to it for the glove Box and the extra Room.

Ozzie

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Still waiting for new design.
It should be ready shortly.
I have decided to just wait for new design, rather than bring the old ones.

Once it's ready, I will definitely post new pics here.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Just had a conversation with them.
They are finishing up.
ETA is about 10-15 days for new designs.
There will be 2 versions.
Standard and Plus.

Both versions address most feedbacks received.
Please see below.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Open the air flaps as required. Unlike the old dashboard. The incoming air is directed through a 50mm pipe to a air tray with 4 x nozzles under the top of the dashboard. The nozzles can be directed towards the windscreen, the side windows or into the cab. The cool air from the air flaps can also be directed into both foot wells where is does get really hot sometimes. This is all done by means of 50mm soft pipes that are clamped into place. You can regulate the airflow by how much you open the air flaps. The six rotatable nozzles can also be locked closed or opened or rotated. This system also allows air from the heater blower to enter the system.

Is there ac system compatability? Would it use the old ac under-dash or a MoD ac/heater combo unit?

Open the air flaps as required. Unlike the old dashboard. The incoming air is directed through a 50mm pipe to a air tray with 4 x nozzles under the top of the dashboard. The nozzles can be directed towards the windscreen, the side windows or into the cab. The cool air from the air flaps can also be directed into both foot wells where is does get really hot sometimes. This is all done by means of 50mm soft pipes that are clamped into place. You can regulate the airflow by how much you open the air flaps. The six rotatable nozzles can also be locked closed or opened or rotated. This system also allows air from the heater blower to enter the system.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Almost there.
Thank You all for your patience.
Here is quick pic of the updated version.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Still waiting...
Production is taking longer than what was initially promised.
I am hoping it will be ready in the next week or 2 and then shipping to us.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Hi All

It is very unfortunate to find out these dashboards will not be made after all.

Unfortunately, Sean who was the owner of SLK4x4, has passed away about 45 days ago.
I have been in contact with his family a few times. With a large deposit for our order, I wanted to get answers about the future of his company ASAP. At the same token, I could only imagine what his family was going through and the right thing to do was to give them proper time and space to grief, until they were ready to discuss business.
They have finally contacted me back and regretfully they decided to liquidate his company.
While we are still figuring out the situation with our deposit, we want to make sure none of our customer are affected by this. We have already contacted all of our customers who placed preorders and fully refunded all their funds.
If I have somehow missed anybody and not contacted you, please PM me and we will get your refund sorted immediately.

Bummer. Sorry for the tough situation, Art, but I appreciate you trying to do the right thing.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.