Defender Source Forum banner

801 - 813 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I've been trying to figure out the reason I don't like the nose of the new one.

Your picture helps. The original's nose is open, welcoming. The replacement is closed, hard.

Its a bit like going from Luke Skywalker (open face) to Darth Vader (Face Masked). Good to bad.
Angry Headlights is a problem.

Reactions: Canyon

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I could be wrong but I think this might be an issue in the long term.

The hook rubs on the head rest when putting the seats back up unless you forcefully push the seats forward. Pretty sure the headrest was as low as it could go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
So, I went the dealer to pick up my RR from service. The dealer had finally gotten two of those new vehicles in. I think they refer to them as Defender but it doesn’t resemble a Defender.

Anyway, I spot a 98 Disco 1 in the parking lot. I found it comical when the service manager told me it was the general manager’s.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I could be wrong but I think this might be an issue in the long term.

The hook rubs on the head rest when putting the seats back up unless you forcefully push the seats forward. Pretty sure the headrest was as low as it could go.

So apparently the manual says to remove the headrests each and every time you fold the seats. Ain't nobody got time for that.

·
Super Moderator
12,649 Posts
So apparently the manual says to remove the headrests each and every time you fold the seats. Ain't nobody got time for that.
God I hate cars like that. You think for the million dollars these vehicles cost, they could have sent an engineer to a Japanese car dealer and learn how to properly design things.

·
Registered
80 Posts
With all the media coverage and videos about the 2020 Defender I've become less enchanted by it... but LR announced the "Hard Top" version of the 2020 Defender which is their commercial model, which seems far more utilitarian than luxury, which I can appreciate a bit more than than the "First Edition" models we're getting here in the USA. The styling seems a bit more Defender, maybe its the solid panels in the back?

Full press release from LR here

LR_DEF_HARD_TOP_300620_01.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Just saw the new one today. It's fucking garbage. But to be fair I hated every LR post-LR4.

801 - 813 of 813 Posts