Defender Source Forum banner

761 - 780 of 813 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
The full size bronco looks much better than the new Defender. Not crazy about the fender flares, but Ford got a lot right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
The full size bronco looks much better than the new Defender. Not crazy about the fender flares, but Ford got a lot right.

Totally agree. If the fender flares were a bit more sloped, reminiscent of proper defender eyebrows, it would be epic. Like totally epic! As in, if you said “this is the new Defender,” I’d say “damn right it is! Spot on!”

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
NY auto show postponed . So there's one less opportunity to see the Bronco big reveal.

Or maybe Bronco and Defender side by side at the same time!

·
Premium Member
1991 200tdi D90, 1993 200tdi D130
1,740 Posts
The big Bronco is expected to be revealed at a stand alone event that has not been announced as of yet, sometime in the month of March 2020. The Bronco Sport is expected to be revealed in April.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
They got the Bronco right for sure. The 2 door without a top in the background looks sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
In my book, it's more about the steak than the sizzle. Anything out there on how it drives? Offroad capabilities?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
113 Posts
So why couldnt LR do a soft top again?
Both Ford and Land Rover really screwed up by not offering a soft top,Jeep hit it out of the park with the rubicon and the rubicon Gladiator,...it’s just the build quality that needs to be addressed.....

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Both Ford and Land Rover really screwed up by not offering a soft top,Jeep hit it out of the park with the rubicon and the rubicon Gladiator,...it’s just the build quality that needs to be addressed.....
The new Bronco is available with a soft top...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
So, I got to test drive it today, at the Alexandria, VA dealership. They’re going to have it for a few days. By appointment only.

In summation: it’s slick - very Land Rover - nice blend of capable and class. The aftermarket armor industry needs to get to work. I’d wait until then to get one. I’d also like to see what more rugged versions they’re offering in the years to come.

Initial thoughts:

- Joystick shifter: I thought this was going to be stupid but, it was actually very intuitive. It’s well placed and very easy to use.

- Dashboard: very very very nice blend of old Defender with new tech. It looks great in person. Very sleek yet, rugged.

-Infotainment: floating screen that presents a touch of class not just in its physical design but in the software layout and look. Something you’d expect from a luxury brand.

- Second row: very roomy - no complaints for the tall guys.

- Third row: not roomy at all. Certainly made for the kids. When up, you hardly have any room for much maybe, a few back packs.

- underside protection: beyond the front smash plate, none... at least not in the base model I drove. It had plastic shielding (coated with this fuzzy felt) everywhere. I just wanted to tear it off and slap some armor on it.

-height: looks really high in off-road mode until you look under the truck. A few components cause the truck to lose multiple inches in clearance; all of them were shielded with the plastic stuff.

761 - 780 of 813 Posts