Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 15 years ago, I installed an upgraded air conditioner that I bought from Rovers North. I am having problems tracing the circuitry since it is different than the air conditioner that came in the '94 D90 NAS. I contacted Rovers North and they said the upgraded A/C (still being sold) is from a Defender TDi. Does anyone have a TDi A/C schematic?

·
Premium Member
10,194 Posts
What is your specific problem?
Those later AC units have a circuit board with electronic controls and when they fail, the only fix that I have found is to install mechanical controls after stripping out the electronics.
Have done this a half dozen times successfully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rdavisinva,

Thanks for your reply. This unit has only manual controls. The failure happened when a starter shorted and drew massive current through the cable. It melted and burned several adjacent cable runs. I meticulously rebuilt all those cables to like new condition. I believe that one or more of the wires in those runs may have applied reverse polarity to one of the wires in or supplying the air conditioning unit. I can’t trace the wires since they are not the same colors and have been spliced to the existing D90 NAS wiring with a pre made 3-way adapter cable. I am a ElE but the tightness of the installation and the location makes it hard to follow. I am hoping a schematic of the unit will help me find out what happened. Zack at Rovers North is attempting to contact the supplier for a schematic.

I do not remember any control PCBs in the unit when I installed it. The installation instructions do not show wiring.

Thanks for your help

Bill Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts