Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Every where I go to order a body wiring loom, they want the VIN. My VIN won’t really help, as it’s an ‘85 Ninety V8 SW, RHD. The finished product will have a Puma dash, LED lights and an LS engine. I asked on a UK forum if anyone had a body number I could borrow, no dice. I asked the outfit I bought the dash from, no dice there either. Any ideas? I want a new loom.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

·
Registered
533 Posts
- The engine wiring harness is separate from all other harnesses.
- The engine wiring will have no interaction with the the rear wiring harness.
- The Puma dash will have no interactions with the rear loom.
- The front loom, responsible for all your front lights, washer pump, etc will have no interaction with the engine wiring loom but will interact with your dash wiring.
- signal senders from the engine will also interact with your dash wiring albeit separate

You need to resource:
- your MY rear loom
- the Puma bulkhead loom for the MY your using
- the LS wiring loom that should come as an option when you purchase the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Hi Paul. On a 110 build i did with an early Puma dash (2007-2011) the chassis harness I used was part number LR016441. All the connectors matched right up to the dash harness. The late Puma (2012-2015) uses a different chassis harness, LR044234. I know because i ordered the wrong one originally. Not sure if it supposed to go through or on top of the frame, but i put it inside the frame because that's what i'm used to. You know you have the early style Puma if the main fuse box that goes under the passenger seat looks like it’s from a Disco one GEMS set up.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I’m aware that the engine wiring loom is different- I’m having one built by Speartech. I didn’t know the front and rear body harnesses were different, that helps.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
@Paul K did you get this sorted out? I'm coming to the wiring section of my LS swap into a 1991 D110. I have a genuine puma dash. I have a puma gauge cluster and a dakota digital. Is one easier to set up than the other? Did you finally find the wiring looms you needed? Which ones did you use?

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
I’d never use SPEARTECH again. They miswired the loom (admittedly) and refused to help in any way to help. They didn’t provide the required hot to one of my emissions sensors so I throw a periodic code. I asked simply for what wire I could tap into to provide the hot so I don’t have to remove the entire harness and run a new wire to a pin and they said they have no way to know such things due to their records which is absolute crap. They have ALL that info. When I pressed for help, they refused. Flock that customer service. it’s not that I can’t figure it out, it is That I paid premium for shite customer service And mediocre construction.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Paul K did you get this sorted out? I'm coming to the wiring section of my LS swap into a 1991 D110. I have a genuine puma dash. I have a puma gauge cluster and a dakota digital. Is one easier to set up than the other? Did you finally find the wiring looms you needed? Which ones did you use?
I’m sadly not that far into my build yet. Should be in the next few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts