Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no one better go on that site and question herr omnipotent Chris Snell!

Seems as if a little authority has gone to that hall monitors head. I asked why Shayne & Brewie were banned, he called them both pricks ...I said, well they are two of the best pricks I know....bamm...I'm banned, and the thread is deleted..

Chris Snell = douchebag

As we all know....that site will implode

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need a site, never even said I needed one, this site is the only one I need.

As a matter of fact I'm surprised you are not banned from here, being a direct threat to them...but then again this is what self moderation means where you get a number of level headed people to manage it.

Unlike what you think you have started.

------ Follow up post added November 28th, 2016 07:06 PM ------

Oh and yes Snell, you are a douche and if I ever get the opportunity I will say that to your face. I just wonder if you would do Brewie and Shayne the same courtesy if you met them in person and called them to their face what you did on the site?

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
Hey guys: I know you both to be very very good people.
This is getting out-of-hand.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I don't need a site, never even said I needed one, this site is the only one I need.
Why were you one of the first to sign up then?

As a matter of fact I'm surprised you are not banned from here, being a direct threat to them..
I've run "competing" Land Rover forums for years. I'm not over here on Defender Source promoting them. I've been a member here since 2005--long before you--and contributed plenty of tech knowledge. Why would they ban me?

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
Shayne and I where banned because of what I said... Shayne didn't even post anything... Haha he was mad at me bC he didn't get to go out in typical Shayne fashion.... I'll stick to the real thing!

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
If somebody rolled into LRC Custom and behaved like Brewie did on the board he would call the cops and have them removed. Sometimes the victim is in fact the perpetrator.
BTW this is your customer base you are acting like a child in front of.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Shayne gets banned and a few people run their mouths so he is unbanned. He then runs his mouth more and his "friends" run theirs and continue to be dicks to folks trying to improve the community. So they get banned. The Shayne ego stroking threads are obnoxious and serve no purpose except to feed his narcissistic attitude.

I equate the amount that everybody has to be assured that Shayne is a good person in real life as somebody saying, "I'm usually a cool person, but..." if somebody has to tell you they are usually cool, they are not cool. Or is like the music industry shoving Lana Del Rey down the world's throat like she is the greatest indie artist and is unique.

What the crap do you guys want? Shayne unbanned on here so you all can run to his defense? Like the way a few did when he flipped parts on here?* All he does is start arguments about everything. Every situation where somebody calls him on bullshit he becomes the victim. Being banned, somebody else's fault. The MattSavage stole a truck from my shop debacle, not his fault. The ridiculous mark up on the off road tires he bought of a forum member, not his fault, he was just trying to get some money to the guy who stored them at his shop. Or the Mazda engine he bought for $1k(or 1.5-2k since he got the transmission with it)and then has fried to sell for $6.5k to $10k for 2 plus years now.

I've worked with people from the UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, the Ukraine, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Cameroon, Mauritania, the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, India, Pakistan, Singapore, Japan, the Philippines, Australia, and Canada. People from specific locations are not dicks. Dicks are dicks. Sheisters are sheisters. There are no excuses.

I've just turned 32. Most of you are older. You're acting like a bunch of 15 year olds.

I originally thought this was a Land Rover community problem. It's not. It's a Defender owner problem. The lot of you that think these are $50k+ trucks create the culture for sheisters and dicks like Shayne. There are $50k trucks. They are the 100% original pristine low mile trucks. Dweb has always self policed this kind of attitude. It's rough there for some. Chris has made a huge effort to reign it in with success. He knows what he's doing. Dave is just as smart with this stuff. Getting rid of Shayne and the narcissistic ego stroking threads about him are a good move. He could have just been a useful member but he had to carry on. He didn't focus on his helpful tech skills you all tout. He was inflammatory to be inflammatory after being warned about it. Now you've brought it to D90 and he isn't even on here further feeding his ego. NAS-ROW will be fine without him. Like I said, Chris will ensure it's a free site with commenting freedom that is tech focused and avoids drama. It has a bright future that doesn't involve Shayne.

No idea where those asterisks came from. I edited them out.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not as a defense of any bad actions on these boards, but I have not seen any from Shayne. That is to say, for some reason I keep missing the good stuff... I still have no idea what any of you are on about, and that's not a defense of anyone. I literally have no idea.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
If somebody rolled into LRC Custom and behaved like Brewie did on the board he would call the cops and have them removed. Sometimes the victim is in fact the perpetrator. BTW this is your customer base you are acting like a child in front of.
First off if I was such an ass why did you guys delete the thread? Why are you even here, if this is such a terrible place you should **** off and go back to your shitty forum. As for my clients they come to me because of my reputation, loyalty and honesty to them! And to all my previous customers that I have taken care of! I have trucks from Alaska, California, Florida, and all over the North East... People send me there trucks and spend tens of thousands of dollars with me because of my reputation and with never meeting me in person! I'm a hard ass ball buster who stands up and calls out assholes like you! And you started it, you little bitch! All because Shayne hurt your feelings... I feel bad for Chris for being dragged into this because of you. I don't know Chris, he doesn't know me or Shayne... I have nothing bad to say about Chris, because I don't know him. I do want to apologize to him for dragging him into your pansy ass fight. Anyway, for all the people that see this and judge me because I'm standing up for my buddy, ask your self if you have a buddy worth standing up for? Or do you have a buddy that would stand up for you?

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
My rant is over... Time to move on and act like a civil member of society. I still don't think every one deserves a trophy without earning it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thin skin people need not apply

As a first time Land Rover owner, I spend hours on this forum finding answers to the many questions that come up, and just have to say - what a shame if some of the most technically knowledgable defender members are banned for being salty or rude.
Instead of banning people, how hard is it to add a block feature for those who can't tolerate different opinions?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
New site is great! We should all migrate to get out of this site with owners who could care less about defenders. Thanks chris and Dave for hosting it. There will be very little moderation and to be fair the two above mentioned were literally asking to be banned and were anything but civil. Chris and Dave just obliged their request.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
As a first time Land Rover owner, I spend hours on this forum finding answers to the many questions that come up, and just have to say - what a shame if some of the most technically knowledgable defender members are banned for being salty or rude.

Instead of banning people, how hard is it to add a block feature for those who can't tolerate different opinions?

I think there is a block thingamajig somewhere. Have to look for it. I tend not to block anybody because sometimes I feel amused. It's kind of like high school all over again.

Work is a good example. I have to work with people I don't like and who don't like me. But we get the job done none the less. We just don't communicate beyond what is needed to get a flight out. We don't go to happy hour together.

Sent from my iPhone 7Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 88 Posts