Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous 90s owner had all my bumpers, grill guard, rock sliders covered with bed liner which I’m not a big fan off. I removed everything today to have it sandblasted and powder coated back to semi gloss to look more factory original And match a new winch bumper/grille guard I got coming.

My issue is my center mount for my rock sliders use 3 bolts that go through the frame an through a mount that supports to transfer case. I didn’t really catch that until I got the one side removed And noticed the mount had moved slightly. I used a jack and put some pressure on the bottom of the transfer case mount and got the holes lined back up and put the bolts back in and tightened them down to support the mount. I’m Hoping that once my stuff is finished and I put everything back together and bolted down that the transfer case will be in the proper place and angle like it was before as there could only be minimal movement. this sound correct or am I over thinking it?

thanks
AKM

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
You are overthinking it. The transfer case holes will not move. Loosely bolt up the transfer case mounts and the rock slider mounts get them all lined up and then tighten everything down. If it fit before it will fit again.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
yep, just support it with a jack and get the bolts in - done

·
Registered
67 Posts
your thinking too precision with the defender. close is good enough with that mount. bolt it in and you will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts