Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my 97 NAS 90 it sea to sit rather high and I can't find if the springs are std or PO lifted it. Bottom of eyebrows to top of wheel is about 4-5" and coils are 11".
I want to lower it to something that's looks regular.
Arey settings correct and if not, what should they be and what options are available for lowering from what I have?
Thanks so much

5 20210516_181008.jpg 20210516_181310.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,988 Posts
I can’t tell the brand of shock, but you’re right, someone’s been there already.

I recommend you call Roversnorth and get a set of genuine springs.

·
Registered
561 Posts
They're Bilstein shocks, and it looks like it sits more than an inch taller than my OME setup, so probably +2s. If you want stock height, order some stock springs. You might need shocks too if those are +2 shocks or you might dislocate the springs one fine day.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shocks are new as are the towers, well at least a year old. I'll ask the installer if the shocks are std or extended, hopefully the prior and then it's springs only.
Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
13,532 Posts
Stock spring height for the front is around 9.5". As above, get stock springs. Buy OEM. Most likely the shocks are stock travel and are fine.

Reactions: twozzie

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be swapping out my OE springs from my '97 NAS to go to OME's.
I may sell the OE springs if you're interested.
Thanks, may reach out if needed, cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, shocks are stock. I got a new set of Springs from Rovers North but they measure 15" unsprung. If my springs on the car are 11" (loaded) then these stock springs from RN need to compress 5.5"to get me to "stock height". I dunno, seems weird if you ask me, and dont coz i really dont have a clue. Will take car and springs to mechanic in a week or so and see what he says.

·
Registered
561 Posts
That sounds about right. Even at full droop the springs are not loose on a stock truck or they could dislocate. So I don't think 5.5in of compression at normal load is out of the ordn=inary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts