Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. Pops is looking to replace a piece or two and is all too common with rovers once you start digging you find other items that need replacing. So who has what, etc...:)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True Josh, but never hurts to see who has what packed away gathering dust and their spouse asking them when they are going to unload their "stuff" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate that. Mainly looking for the underbody parts. Appreciate the heads up though.

Not exterior but I have the interior support piece that fits behind the seats and/or could replace the rear bulkhead of an ROW 90 - Sorry, not sure of the proper name.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Primary piece as of right now is alr5557 part #16. The tube with a bracket on each end and runs from one side to the other.

Attachments

·
Mendicant
8,590 Posts
He's talking about ALR5557 which is the crosstube underbody that goes below the W bar across the tub behind the driver and passenger.
There's a couple favors of that as well. One with continuous piece with integrated flanges, and one split version which requires u-bolts to connect it to separate brackets. Whatever he gets he'll want to make sure he's got all the parts. I'm not sure the OEM one will come out without cutting it in the middle. I don't profess to know all the versions out there.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Confusing because he posted two exploded diagrams with different numbers. Number 16 on one of them is the underbody crossbar that runs under the truck in the same place as the bulkhead bar. I've seen this in 1-piece and 2-piece versions. This piece often has corrosion on the 'ears' where it joins the body.

Number 16 on the other diagram are the interior bars that run along the inside of the tub that were only on early '94s.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sorry for the confusion. Thought I was being clear with my description. When you are communicating in the medium you think you are being clear but then people read completely different, lol. As Josh said I was talking about part ALR5557 which as far as I can tell is one piece. I have some photos you can look at. Will post pics in a few

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Originals are 1 pc some of the replacements are sleeved in the middle so you don't have to remove the body to install. I have seen both... fYI I have all that for you if you haven't found it yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.