Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would start a build thread on my latest project.
Defender 90 Body with a Disco 1 Drive train.

I started the build with a 1995 NAS body that has been completely taken apart and repainted in Fuji White. Any body components damage or unusable have been discarded and new replacements installed.

First in the build I started loading the bulkhead for installation on the Galvanized frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I love that you are building this INSIDE your house... The Ron version of a ship in the bottle..

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha
just the bulkhead in the comfort of my basement everything else will be done at the shop.....

I did have a friend build a Harley Hard Tail in his bedroom took some doing to get it out

·
Premium Member
4,685 Posts
Super clean looking Ron - keep the updates coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks don, it is always nice to start with a clean rust free bulkhead

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Ya’ll thought it, I will say it. That is sexy!

New harness?
Whats up with orientation of heater matrix tubes?

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks It should be a nice truck when done ,,,,
Badger is making a soft top for it
The wiring harness is from a 1997 NAS truck
The heater box is new and for a TD5 thus the orientation

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Thanks for reply. I have an AllWheel Trim soft top waiting to go on my white>Arles 90, easier and cheaper without cage.

That harness looks great, and thanks for heads upon Td5 heater. Learned something!

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
yeah basically the Td5 complete heater box is all you can buy now, you can still get the heater cores with the pipes coming out the side ala NAS though (and Alisport as well). Mine is the same - you can do an S- to the hard pipes on the engine and its clean. The pipes on the new ones are plastic as well..

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I changed the bolts/nuts on the heater box that you have to access in the footwell in the inside to Rivnuts. That way you don't need two people or have your vicegrip pop off from the other side of the vehicle. Makes it so much easier to service in the future. Now would be a great time to do that if you wanted...

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
90 Posts
haha
just the bulkhead in the comfort of my basement everything else will be done at the shop.....

I did have a friend build a Harley Hard Tail in his bedroom took some doing to get it out
I built a 120 cu in Merch hardtail in my living room over a three year period 😎I have a very patient wife.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts