Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well considering mine is a1985 the aluminum in some areas has corroded the worst would be seat belt bases on either side. But other than that I’m not seeing any other holes. Is there a name for that tool that produces smoke to find leaks
chris

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow I had no idea I’m off work starting tonight. It looks like I’ll be pulling some seats out this holiday weekend
chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run a Def 110 td5 S/W here in NZ, I took my sons and their friends (9 up with luggage on the roof) on a 1000km trip one summer. On the motorway through the city halfway I noticed it was kinda warm around the Handbrake and slipped my hand under the cubby...wow was too hot to touch. I thought I had a gearbox issue. But temps around the "Gearbox" were normal. I then identified the Cat (sootcatcher) as the source of the heat but recently had that bypassed (ahem) and the temps are very similar. I suspect the airflow through the radiators is passing over the block and exhaust and flowing up under the seatbox and performing the heating function. Its uncomfortable but causes no issues. Just dont keep chocolate in the cubby.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I haven placed it in the vehicle I just received the dynamat yesterday. I plan to source all those problem areas out
chris

21 - 27 of 27 Posts