Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is a build I am doing for a friend... some series truck currently on a 95? RRC chassis... it came with everything to put it together including the whole wiring harness... but I am not going to use any of it...so it is getting a v8 swap with a "unknown" transmission mated to an np205. axles will be 1-tons.

as of right now we are stripping it down to the chassis... the truck came with stuff hanging off of it, tacked on or just held together with vice grips. so we have to start from there. it has a very solid chassis, the bulkhead looks like it was repaired... a lot.. but it will work.

if anyone wants a complete 3.9 w/tran/case/wiring harness. I am sure my friend will sell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1965 Series IIa
My D60/Sterling axles are almost done. I have 38" swampers, but they are too small.
SBC/700r4/NP231-231 doubler are in the shed.
Chassis fab and 3 link front 4 link rear suspension planned for this winter.
Dan

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1965 Series IIa
My D60/Sterling axles are almost done. I have 38" swampers, but they are too small.
SBC/700r4/NP231-231 doubler are in the shed.
Chassis fab and 3 link front 4 link rear suspension planned for this winter.
Dan
awesome!! is yours a 109 I forgot? how is that 700r4 going to fit? it looks massive to fit in an 88... that's why we are leaning towords the NP435 again. Would love to fit a 700r4 combo in if possible.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 3.9/zf and power steering box has been pulled and is for sale, make an offer, would not like to ship if possible. Also found some nice parts local. Kingpin 60 4.10 ratio, and an SM465 w/ NP205 case (6.6 first gear)

needs some cleaning haha

for sale!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
started to work on this a bit this weekend... found a mock up trash engine out back and bolted **** together and started to get stuff into position... started making custom motor mounts and plating frame rails where needed.

cant touch it for about a month now due to traveling =(((

1 - 20 of 22 Posts