Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momo steering wheel?

I was given a Momo Tuner steering wheel and I was wondering what hub adapter I would need for my 1997 JDM D90?

It didn't come with a horn button and was wondering if you can buy replacement parts from Momo? I didn't see anything on there website.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wheel is from a friend and it came with no button so I need one to cover the hole, I know it won't honk the horn.

I did a search but came up with a few different splines and want to make sure I get the correct one

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
You need spline count belive me, I have a NIB Mountney black hub 48 spline if that helps?

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
To be sure, just pull it and count. It'll take you less than five minutes. And that's including losing your count twice after pulling the wheel! ;-) I'm 99% sure it's 36.

·
Super Moderator
13,020 Posts
While it is on my mind.... You need to trim the plastic steering column surround a little bit as the hub rubs on it.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Are there any adapters that will cancel the turn signals...the one on mine sits to far up the shaft and does not engage the blue collar.

·
Super Moderator
13,020 Posts
Are there any adapters that will cancel the turn signals...the one on mine sits to far up the shaft and does not engage the blue collar.
All hub adapters should cancel the turn signals. If they don't they are not properly designed.

·
Super Moderator
13,020 Posts
Thanks for the tip Red90!

Do you have a good source to buy the adapter in Canada?
Not that I know of. When I buy anything, I search out the best price including shipping and it is pretty rare to find stuff in country.....

I got my hub out of the UK. Here: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...or-land-rover-17-5mm-diameter-36-splines-5607 No idea if it is the best deal these days.

A quick look and I would say eBay: Italian Steering Wheel HUB Adapter KIT FOR Momo NRG Sparco Range Rover | eBay

Everything is painful these days with the worthless dollar.

The wheel I did actually get in Canada, which is pretty rare: A&J Racing :: Interior :: Steering Wheels :: MOMO Tuner Steering wheel with red stitching (350mm) - (Universal)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Red!

I did a search of the internet and found Mr steering wheel had good prices with shipping.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone has purchased momo steering wheel and hub in US? Can you please share your source. Most of the stuff are in UK.

·
Super Moderator
13,020 Posts
You can buy from Momo direct. Home - MomoUsa or a dozen other places. Google.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
I had a few pms for this...Mark was first in line everyone else wrote at the same time that was interested. I paid 150 GBP over a year ago. I'm not using it so would beat whatever the going ebay price is for anyone that wants it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts