Defender Source Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Can you please show some pictures of the hole through the footwell to feed the air back into the heater box?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I just watched the video on the Facebook watch and this seems to definitely be something that I want to have done in the near future Before the summer gets back here to South Florida… which means I only have like 6 weeks lol

·
Registered
1995 300tdi ROW
74 Posts
I have the unit, it works pretty well. The wiring diagram needs to be updated. I need to put a thermometer in the vents when I have a hot day to give a report of temps. I also have a unique setup with the vents cause I'm able to close off the defroster vents because I have the side vents for the window defroster.

I made my own compressor switch setup so it looked more factory. I still have to come up with a better design for the fan switch itself. The green light on the dash I use for the AC switch.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
How long have you had yours?

oh, i don't think so. Once i was also looking for a cheap and high-quality AC units and i came across this site. Can't say that it is super cool, man. I've got more worries only, bc those units become worn out very fast:(

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Just ordered my HVAC system from Jonathan and Anna at MOD today. Being told it will be made July/Aug. Long time to wait. Looking forward to it

In the meantime. The Full size Allisport intercooler, XL frame and XL Rad will go on beginning of July.

Ozzie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered my HVAC system from Jonathan and Anna at MOD today. Being told it will be made July/Aug. Long time to wait. Looking forward to it

In the meantime. The Full size Allisport intercooler, XL frame and XL Rad will go on beginning of July.

Ozzie
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. Was told end of July for delivery

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
The console air vents are a must.
You'll need 2 of each:

2.25 Inch Black Round Indash Vent
SKU: 5001 with the 2.5" Hose Adapter

2.5" Hose Adapter w/ Mounting Flange
SKU: 5070

I got 2', better off getting 3'.:
2.5 Inch Flexible Duct Hose (Sold By The Foot)
SKU: DH25

I also picked up this fuse block..
Thank you!!
Are those parts from them or Somewhere else?

·
Registered
1995 300tdi ROW
74 Posts
Sorry I didn't include the link.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Thanks John,
Just ordered those items you suggested. Will install the vents in the MudUK panel (and install the panel, ) next week.
I was gonna wait until the complete metal dash comes in from SA but realistically that may be a few months. So will put in the Mud console, the MOD set up and then switch everything to the metal dash later.

Thanks again,
Ozzie

·
Registered
1995 300tdi ROW
74 Posts
The holesaw I used for the vents was the same one I used to cut the hole into the airbox or whatever they call it. I used self tappers to secure the hose adaptors. You will probably need a right angle drill. The holesaw itself you can get at home Depot.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Well, I can recommend a site, where I managed to find a perfect service in an affordable price. Once I have faced an awful problem, I had to stay in the car for a whole day, but my middle AC vent didn't work. the reason was a worn out AC filter. I was looking for an air filter for my AC system, and accidentally I came across a wonderful site. I've replaced filter a lot of times, but those guys made a miracle, and now it becomes worn out not so fast as usual. The same situation happened to me when i moved to Singapore. I almost fainted when I spent a couple of hours in a stuffy room without conditioning. I decided to set AC all over my house and now I enjoy this sweet coolness even when outside weather leaves much to be desired, you should definitely try it:)
?

·
Premium Member
6,571 Posts
I'll be doing the AC only install in the spring

Reactions: Ozzie

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've got the MoD Puma dash and A/C system installed. Just got it plumbed and wired properly this weekend. I live in north Mississippi (read hot & steamy). Rode around this morning & afternoon in my 90 with all the windows up and she blew a consistent 49-55F. I was not cold by any means, but I was quite comfortable. Quite pleased with the improvement over no A/C and am glad I don't the under-dash vents that I find so unappealing.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hi.
So you purchased the entire Puma dash from MoD?
How much was that to have shipped and difficulty if installation?

Mine is a LHD 90 and Is love to install an MOD dash.

Ozzie

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi.
So you purchased the entire Puma dash from MoD?
How much was that to have shipped and difficulty if installation?
Mine is a LHD 90 and Is love to install an MOD dash.
The install was done by Overland Autoworks in N. Little Rock, AR (I reclaimed it a bit early and so finished the plumbing on my own). The dash is not held in place by very many bolts (seriously, I think it is less than 6), but is quite sturdy. If you get the old dash out I don't think it is difficult to mount this one. It is a huge hollow space behind it. Not much to have to work around.

The shipping of the dash was roughly $275.
I got the electric vent openers (I liked using the vents before I switched dashes) but am unsure they are really worth having. Once you close up the stereo hole, the vent air will just come into the back of the dash and has no way to come out of your vents. I guess it will just leak out all around the edge of the dash?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts