Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking to remove the 60/40 middle seat in my 110, but i'm looking at likely having to modify the interior where the old seats latched onto the C-pillar. Does anyone have experience and or pn/s of how they customised that?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
6,891 Posts
To be helpful to know what you want to do? You want to remove it but what do you mean by customized?

·
Premium Member
6,891 Posts
Well I have not done it personally but I know others have on this board.

Something to keep in mind is that putting these types of seats there will restrict headroom. Anyone over maybe 5 ft 10 It will be annoying. Even more so if you have an internal cage, fyi.

·
Registered
1988 ROW 110 From w/ LS3 6L80E
250 Posts
I actually had 3 of these seats in the middle row that I removed a few years ago. If the question your asking is what trim panel covers the lower area of the C pillar, I dont think there is one. Just checked my trick and that part of the C pillar is not covered. Just painted. You really cant tell when the seats are in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
They are definitely firmer than the originals but not uncomfortable. The high backs and reclining make them way more comfortable than the originals.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have younger kids so that’s why I’m looking to replace the seats, for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dont hesitate. Night and day compared to the low back originals. I have two boys, 8 and 10 and they loved these seats especially on long trips since they could recline them a bit. Way more comfortable. There are other options but for simplicity of bolting in, makes all the difference than modifying something to fit. Cost is high but agree for kids, its worth the investment.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont hesitate. Night and day compared to the low back originals. I have two boys, 8 and 10 and they loved these seats especially on long trips since they could recline them a bit. Way more comfortable. There are other options but for simplicity of bolting in, makes all the difference than modifying something to fit. Cost is high but agree for kids, its worth the investment.
Pmartini777 do you have a link to the ones you purchased or are they the exact ones I specified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I didnt install them but they look exactly the same. I ended up removing them for no other reason than aesthetics. Went with a 2 + 2 set up using Carbeau based seats from Lucari. But did use them for 2 years before swapping out and they were solid. Easy to install with no modifications (at least on mine). Not super cushiony more on the firm side but they contour which was really nice along with reclining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts