Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plugs into Transfer case on the rear output housing-where this yellow plug is right now? Whatever it is is totally broken off on my old transfer case. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,762 Posts
16-19 in the above picture.
Ashcroft drives me crazy.
They won't install a spedo gear assembly in a newly remanufactured transfer case (16-19) above.
For 15 years they have the same response, you need to use your old assembly.
So you're installing a new drive train and you have to spend the day scrounging parts because Ashcroft doesn't understand customer service?
About 3 years ago I wised up and started telling them that I need the blue gear for 750s and am replacing an LT95.
Then you get a long pause and they say well I suppose we could supply those parts if you don't have them and it will hold up your project, but we typically don't supply those parts!
They say the same thing about shift linkage when replacing an LT-77 and 1.6 R380, with a stumpy and a different ratio transfer case.

It sucks to think you have everything and you go to assemble and what's missing, the spedo drive assembly and the shift linkage.
It absolutely sucks!
You can't bill a customer while you spend a day or the better part of one scrounging some parts that should have come with the original order!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I have to agree. The linkage on the old R380 was in poor shape, and the speedo transmitter is sheered off so I am having to replace both. THanks for all the replies. I take it I need the "Blue Gear" For a 300 TDI defender?

·
Premium Member
9,762 Posts
Yes with 750 tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts