Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have running lights when I twist the light/horn/turn signal stalk one click. The second one I am supposed to get lights. Low beams are not working. High beams are. Aux switch for the fog lights which are switched off when the high beams are on is not work either. Checked fuse box and nothing is marked. I know the 30AMP fuse on the far right is the headlight one and it is not blown. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Depending on the year of your truck the headlights could have up to four individual fuses if it isn't a exmod. Time to do some digging

Google the fuse box diagram/marking

Look up the chassis diagram
Check fuses and clean the fuse holders
Check grounds
Check headlamp switch
Check bulbs

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a santana, so circuit diagram probably does not exist. I suspect a low beam has a relay that is not working. Bulbs already tested fine. Grounds are fine.

So one of two places to look, either the stalk switch or the low beam relay . Have a coolant leak on my LR2 that wilk take my time up tomorrow, but I hope to look at it Saturday.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In mine the fuses had become loose. The flasher was really loose. Check to see if your fuses have snug contacts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I figured out the issue. The switch for the off road lights had loose connectors. As soon as I pulled the panel, just left of the steering wheel, the light started working. Further inspection and found the loose connectors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I figured out the issue. The switch for the off road lights had loose connectors. As soon as I pulled the panel, just left of the steering wheel, the light started working. Further inspection and found the loose connectors.
It was the fuse for the low beams. The Hella off road lights pull too many amps. Going to swap for some LED bulbs but keep the large Hellas. Was on a 20 AMP, switch to 30 for the moment and no issues without the Hellas on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts