Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a decent shop around Virginia, D.C area to do major mechanic work for our customer's 1979 series 3 works included; engine transmission swap, installing a/c system, power steering, and possibly more.

·
Registered
1992 ROW D90
64 Posts
I'd also be interested in getting this information. Just moved back to NOVA from NJ and need to find a shops that can sort out a few minor things with my D90.

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
Given what the op wants done I'd offer that the work is outside the wheelhouse of most shops and requires a substantial amount of fabrication.
I'd suggest Drew Swoboda @ Mid Atlantic Rover Service. He's known for outside the box projects.

·
Premium Member
11,101 Posts
Hi, I am looking for a decent shop around Virginia, D.C area to do major mechanic work for our customer's 1979 series 3 works included; engine transmission swap, installing a/c system, power steering, and possibly more.
Hope the customer allows you to post pictures and report on the final product.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Given what the op wants done I'd offer that the work is outside the wheelhouse of most shops and requires a substantial amount of fabrication.
I'd suggest Drew Swoboda @ Mid Atlantic Rover Service. He's known for outside the box projects.
^^^This

·
Premium Member
11,175 Posts
To add. It's not just a swap. it's a swap with an automatic piled on top of everything else.
Drew is the only man for the job, but will he do it?

·
Premium Member
Land Rover - All Models
530 Posts
Hi

We specialize in Land Rover parts and we are located in Alexandria, VA, about 15 min from DC.
While we do not do any work on vehicles, we will be happy to supply all the parts you need for your vehicle.
We do carry over 10,000 parts in our Alexandria warehouse and anything we don't have in stock we can get for you in matter of days. Most of the stuff you need we have in stock and you can even pick it up for no additional cost.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Looking forward to helping you with your project.
Art Z.
[email protected]
www.ukarauto.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts