Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have developed our own Long Range Fuel tanks for Defender. These are the same tanks we use on all our Himalaya builds.
Built here in the USA to fit all Defenders 110s. Some minor modification may be necessary to bracketry for 90 and 130. But very minor.
They come with a VDO sending unit, primed and coated in choice of rubber bed liner (recommended) or powder coated.
29 Gallon capacity
In Stock.
$1250 + tax. Plus $85 shipping within US.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Very nice, and drain plug too. Nice touch. What's the capacity?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Rear axles with an drop black just just clear the stock tank on compression. Are these tanks longer? Or are they deeper? Do you have any pics with them from the rear to see the how far down they drop?

Looking for a solution like this... Just want to make sure it will work.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We found no issues with departure angle. Departure angle is still decided by the rear bumper. Truck was off road tested for LRO magazine upcoming issue. They loved it.
Himalaya Defenders are fitted with 6.2 V8 engines that are thirsty. Our extended range fuel tanks hold nearly twice the ammt of OEM tank.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,007 Posts
If it is designed for the length of a 110 rear, how does it fit in the shorter space of a 90?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Interesting... what kind of rear axle/prop shaft are you using on that 110, and why is the D/C on the diff side?

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Interesting... what kind of rear axle/prop shaft are you using on that 110, and why is the D/C on the diff side?
Good eye on the D/C! I was too blinded by the goodies to see that.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Ah I always called it double cardon but wasn't sure if that's what you guys were talking about from the first pic or one of the desert shots.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
It is a double cardon, but I suppose you could call it a dual as well. Must be a Canadian thing with the acorns and such :)

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
After just installing an X De-Flex rear anti-say bar...it looks like it would take 12" spacers to put a sway bar back on the NAS 110 for it to clear the tank. I don't see a sway bar in use in these pics... I do like the thought of 29 gallons, though...but not enough to do without a sway bar...especially with the RTT and gear, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts