Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete Lokar shifter kit with adapter plate for a 4.0 ZF 4hp22. Used or new.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Lokar does not make an adaptor that just bolts on, you need a standard kit and have to modify a plate or buy one from Nick.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
I'll look today at our build sheets, I typically order the 8" cranked shifter shaft to better fit in the area with mud uk dashes and stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Getting ready to do this on my Series 3 that has a Range Rover V8 with a ZF trans installed in it already. Previous owner had some sort of unknown shifter installed, but I like the look of the Lokar. I just PM'd nick to see about getting one of those adapters.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking for the adapter also, if you get a hold of Nick, please let us know. I PMed him last year I think and got no response. Thanks
I tried and tried to get a hold of him. Gave up after talking to someone that said several of their clients were not happy with the setup. Chief complaints were...gear selection takes some practice, if you can get it adjusted right and, they have a noisy rattle.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I tried and tried to get a hold of him. Gave up after talking to someone that said several of their clients were not happy with the setup. Chief complaints were...gear selection takes some practice, if you can get it adjusted right and, they have a noisy rattle.
Matthew,
I just sent him a text and let him know you guys are trying to reach him. He's a pretty busy guy!
Hope that helps.
Ed

------ Follow up post added December 12th, 2016 04:51 PM ------

You may want to check out the original thread...it has the info I believe you are looking for but I am positive so don't hold it against the messenger. GM Gen 4 conversion including LS - Page 83 - Defender Source

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use nicks plate but I installed it differently. Instead of sandwiching it with the diff lock lever I used some long bolts and spacers to fit it underneath.
IMG_20200624_184311068.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts