Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This bad boy has ventured all around Europe and was designed by the owner of the overland company "Travel-Fox" which includes the design of high-quality diamond-cut parts ie bumper, window protectors, and storage racks. This Defender build was inspired by the Dakar Rally with intention of going anywhere and having everything within arms reach. No issues and ready to roll. Tagged and titled in SC

Mechanical:
The 300 TDI runs fantastic with only 5,000 miles on it after its rebuild and made its last 600-mile journey without issue. Frame Off restoration was completed in 2014 so there are no rust issues on the frame aside from the normal surface corrosion. The air ride suspension keeps the heavy-duty sleep quarters under control at high way speeds.

Utility:
Popup tent is tall enough for a 6'5 person could stand comfortably in the rear and the full-size bed can fit 3 comfortably. Everything was designed and built by a German engineer with heavy-duty materials and well thought out planning. Off-road ramp holders, cooking area with 110v and 220v outlet options that tie into the solar system. WARN winch with the controller, snorkel, and side awning setup.

Trades Possible

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pics of the interior? Cab and camper? AC?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interior pics coming for the cab and sleeping area, no AC but it wouldn't be to crazy to install the setup as I may have a complete under dash kit in the garage still.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cool truck, but not sure about a Dakar Rally connection, despite the decal. Would make a good Camel Trophy tribute support rig, though, especially since it's painted and stickered as such. It's an expedition rig as it sits, not a rally racer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sure thing.
I was inspired by the Dakar Rally once myself. Told the wife I wanted to enter, on a bike. She said, "Right. Halfway into the first day you'd be on your hands and knees, with tears and snot and spit running off your face, gasping for mercy." There's a great pic of Cyril Despres filling his bike's gas tank with a 20L Jerry can balanced on his knee with one hand while sucking down a bottled water with the other. He must've been in a real hurry. Idk, maybe she was right.
GLWTS. It's hard for anyone to appreciate what goes into building an expedition vehicle if they've never done it. The air ride suspension is unusual, especially for an expedition rig, so interested parties will want details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts