Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was recently completed and turned out incredibly. I know people here don't need all the fluffy descriptive words in the ad but I am lifting from eBay for times sake. Regardless, the truck is freaking awesome. $36k. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

We took a left hand drive 110 with a 3.5l V8 motor that was in fine shape all the way around, chassis and drive train, and professionally swapped in 4.0L fuel injected V8 with matching auto transmission with shifter kit. All filters, fluids, wires, plugs etc replaced on the motor and she starts on the first turn and runs ridiculously strong. Hit the gas and you are off. Transmission shifts thru all the gears with ease.
Truck sits on 33 inch MT tires with 15 black wheels with a 3 inch lift to give it an incredible stance. Rear tires are in better shape than front but all four will take you where you want to go for a while.
All push button doors have solid bottoms and close as they should. Bulkhead is perfect as are footwells that were recently replaced. Rear cross member has also been replaced at some point prior to our ownership. Glass is all solid and clean. Interior is original but very, very clean and rust free. Driver seat cushion is flattened a bit on the door side from sliding off to get out of the truck so many times.
Head liner is original and very clean and tight.
Replaced catalytic converter and new lift exhaust all the way back ending out the rear panel. Very cool. The motor and exhaust has a deep, throaty sound to it.
All dash gauges work as they should and no lights are present when driving.
Truck just has a full sand and respray in all Land Rover gray and wheels black. The truck looks seriously awesome and you get people coming up asking you what is it is everywhere you go.
This auto conversion with this strong motor couldn't have come out any better than it did. This truck can be a great daily driver around town, weekend trips or for off road adventures. Take a minute to watch the video below. Priced well below other 'similar' trucks and ready for a new home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Nope, but what it sure looks like is one of those shifters that look like a manual but are actually automatics. Gives cars that "original" look. Have seen it used in american hot rods.

It also looks like the temp gauge spikes into the red at the very start of the video...does it work properly?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Probably one of the lokar shifters that everybody uses on auto conversions. It doesn't have a clutch pedal. It's funny what people pick up on in photos. My eyes only focused on one thing in all of those photos.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, sorry, it is a shift kit with the lokar shifter. Good eye on the temp gauge. The original gauge doesnt work properly with the new setup. The genuine gauge from rovers north got here yesterady and be being swapped out today. I'll repost another video showing it run at proper temps. I have been driving it prior to the paint work etc with the gauge as is and its fine. Its an awesome truck.

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
bringing this to MAR..??? was the truck originally white?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what MAR is....No, the truck has been gray all it's life.....I didnt know how the all gray color would look on this but i think it turned out well. Next time i think black on black with blacked out windows would be interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Yes, sorry, it is a shift kit with the lokar shifter. Good eye on the temp gauge. The original gauge doesnt work properly with the new setup.
Cool looking truck- love the lokar shifter.

I was going to guess the temp guage was a sender/guage issue.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I have a 90 that is going to be similar with the motor, trans shifter etc and another 110 I'd like to try it again. It's great to get it completed and enjoy the process too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the lucky owner of this one. Can't wait to get it home, and especially can't say enough good things about the seller. 110fender is the man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts