Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha All, this to notify anyone and everyone considering to buy, have a repair made or order a part from Union Jack 4x4 AKA Roverdude AKA Original Roverdude. The ownership “John Gadd” has treated myself and my family with absolutely no regard.

In Oct 2019 I contacted a listing online for the sale of a 98 Range Rover. Turned out to be Union Jack 4x4. After some back and forth John Gadd sold us vehicle with an engine swap and heater matrix replacement. He also arranged for shipping to Honolulu.

2 days before the vehicle was scheduled to arrive here in Hawaii (after our final payment was made) John contacted me to let me know that the air conditioning compressor was not installed and that he would mail that along with a radio to us. He would also send the registration/ title paperwork to our home here after he had it registered without our knowledge to his own shop in California. Needless to say none of those things were part of our deal of sale.

When the vehicle arrived here in Hawaii, it was in bad mechanical condition. The radiator and cooling system needed replacement. The alternator was not changing an old battery and finally the fuel pump stopped working. All of that on top of the air conditioning, radio and registration.
John ignored my calls, text and emails as he continues to date.

This should be a notice to everyone on here that John Gadd, Union Jack 4x4, Roverdude, Original Roverdude or whatever else he is calling his business these days, is a sham.There is no regard for people or their money. It is simply turn and burn, beware.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Not sure what island you're on, but I work at a shop on Oahu and our mechanics are familiar with working on old Rovers. Be happy to meet you and help out any way we can. Shooting you a PM!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts