Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I

Hey Guys,

I’m trying to help my best friend and partner in the UK sel his amazing 101. Sadly Andy was diagnosed with ALS and it is progressing to the point he can no longer use the 101. The 101 is in the UK but I’m happy to handle the import for anyone at cost. I’ve had a number of 101’s over the years and this is by far the nicest one I’ve ever driven. The power steering and disc brakes are amazing.

In Andy’s words.

I think it’s time to admit I’m going to have to sell my 101. Due to MND I’m struggling to get into it. My left leg is getting weaker and my left arm is useless. Martin Howdle owner of Able Engineering has said that if he were looking for a GS this is the one he’d be buying.

List of works and upgrades:

Power Steering fitted by Able
Disk brake conversion fitted by Able (stops straight and true)
Stainless fuel tank, new sender and pump
New upper and lower doors
New hood 2 yes ago
Rear crossmember outers
New starter
New dizzy with electric ignition
New steering damper
Wheel bearings
New mudflaps
New rear bumperettes
New exhaust box
Fitted with diesel heater in rear for camping
New instruction plates
New lights and screw bits
Has the starting handle
Rapier Trailer with new canopy inc
Sitting on Michelin XL

She runs like a charm, goes well, steers and stops brilliantly.

I’m going to put this up with the trailer for £25,000 at the top end of value, but with everything done plus nearly £5000 of steering and brake updates, £1400 new doors and a trailer worth a £1000 with the canopy and hood sticks and with Martin’s reference, I think it’s worth that.

I’m in no rush to sell, my garage is plenty big enough to look after it.

Can call me on 07590818881 or message me here.

All the best Andy

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s horrible. Only blessing I can say is he has been able to do a lot of things he always wanted to do with his family. He did the spitfire over the isle of white flight the other month and paid for his son to be able to do it once he turns 18 in 10 years. Sadly zero chance of Andy being around to see it.

·
Premium Member
1991 200tdi D90, 1993 200tdi D130, 2021 D90 X Dynamic
1,760 Posts
I lost my Dad to ALS when I was 19, nearly 28 years ago. I still struggle with it. Just a cruel way to die. Ugh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts