Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Land Rover defender fiche that is in English?
what I am finding is other than english.
someone had mentioned one that I cannot refind.

·
Super Moderator
13,419 Posts
You want a parts catalog? For what year? I ask because the later electronic one is a pile of crap with a million errors and inadequate information....

·
Registered
608 Posts
You will find Defender parts here

·
Super Moderator
13,419 Posts
Then you want the pre 1986 parts catalog. You can download it or buy a paper copy. The later catalogs are missing a lot of parts for the early trucks.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
∆ yup the early one is th way to go. Fyi you may even have series 3 parts on your truck from the factory if it's really early production like mine. I have a series 3 bulkhead harness . Took me 10 years to figure that one out lol

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks now for the 200/300 tdi engines are those listed in the later or is it better to buy a paper copy?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
So with a '85-127 I see they are briefly mentioned in some sections - like with obvious stuff - i.e. brake piping, chassis etc. in these early shop manuals - and I understand they were not "mainstream" so was there a 127 /130 supplement put out to cover the uniqueness or do I just mix and match as best as I can since it seams that's what they did building this thing....?

I have come to the self realization that other than the length, the chassis (which was a 110 chassis spliced to make the 127) and the rear pick up bed not much else is unique to the 127 - is that a fair statement?
Cheers -

·
Registered
738 Posts
Every so often, I'm reminded of just how much technology has changed the way I do things. I know exactly where I've got a full set of microfiche for most all Land Rovers up to about '95... all English and maybe a few in French. But I suddenly can't believe I once used that system instead of a computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts