Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to identify at least the size of the wheels in the photo. I need to fit on a defender 110

The wheels are input from Italy, and have 205r16c tires on them. I thinks it's OE. I've seen them in a lot of trucks in Italy

I'm trying to replace a set of wheels 16x7 which have 235/85r16 tires which I want to put on these

My other set of tires are 265/75r16

Can anyone help me understand the size of these wheels and if the235/85r16 would fit?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That being said, I think I’ve always seen these on 90s and I’m not sure they came on 110s. I’d check their weight capacity before using them.
Thanks for your comments. I got excited when I read the first one and some other people's messages and I bought them but it looks like you have a point I've also read some articles online indicating the same information. While I am putting them on a 110 I use it purely for recreational use driving around town with my kids. I don't really carry much loads. Do you think I can get away with them for this kind of use case? Does anybody know what the technical weight capacity of these are as opposed to wheels that are designed for a 110?

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
The problem with those wheels is they have a lot of offset. 235 will be okay, but you can't go much wider on a 110 as you start to run into the rear spring hangers.

·
Mendicant
8,571 Posts
I’m guessing you could drive on the wheels indefinitely with no load-related issues. Defenders have a relatively massive weight capacity and you have to work hard to approach it. Just running around with passengers is proba no where near your limit. I of course warranty none of this!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Rostyles are 1/2" wider than stock Series and Def wheels
The only LR wheels rated for the 127" are the type steelies used on NAS 110's, and the later Wolfs, so the Rostyles are not different in that respect.
Weight rating is usually stamped on individual wheels. 4 X = GVWR.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody for your information. I have a follow-up question the tires that came on these had inner tubes. I want to use tires without an inner tube does anybody think that's going to be a problem?

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you could find the oem stamps of the part #, dimension and weight rating, it would answer your questions. Maybe it's damaged by corrosion and/or hidden by heavy paint. If you can't read it readily, lay a sheet of paper over it and cover it in pencil lead. You might get a readable image. Idk how many versions of the Rover Rostyle there were.
I'd guess that going without tubes is a matter of how airtight the rim was built, and its present condition. On a 25–50-year-old rim, may need to try it to know for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts