Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘94 d-90 that I’ve owned since new and abused it pretty bad. I’m wondering if it would be worth restoring? I’ve gotten quotes from 40k to 50k from reputable shops. Galvanized frame and bulkhead. Redo axles. Suspension, led lighting. All stainless brake and fuel lines. All new wiring.body repair And engine work. Basically a total redo.i guess my question is when it’s done would could I sell it for 50k. I’m not looking to sell it I’d like to get another20+ years outta it.thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
If your going to keep it another 20 years I’d say it’s worth it. I think if you were to get all that work done you certainly would be able to get 40-50K for it but I have a feeling you’d be even happier to just keep her. And please post photos if you do proceed. I love seeing restorations in process.

·
Premium Member
11,801 Posts
What color is it?

How many miles?

If you do a full restoration to factory spec it will be worth all you put into it easily but also with a galv frame and bulkhead it will be better than new.

·
Registered
88' ROW 110
568 Posts
Easily worth $40-$50 based on the updates/resto. you describe. You could likely get much more than that actually, especially if done by a reputable shop.

Pretty cool that you’ve owned it since new.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Key word from Barry, factory spec. Dont ruin it and it'll be worth good money for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Key word from Barry, factory spec. Dont ruin it and it'll be worth good money for a long time.
For a NAS rig, yea this "other Barry" agrees. At least I hope so, given what I spent on mine. ;) Just don't put a bunch of Kahn bling or similar stuff on it. And I know the NAS decals and badges are expensive, but after the repaint, just pay to put them back on. Nothing screams "cheap paint job" on those BAT resprays than missing "Land Rover" and "V8" decals, IMO.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response. It has 130,000 miles on it and it’ll be factory spec except for the led light I’d like to keep the square rear lights but having a hard time finding an led equivalent. It’s yellow. I was contemplating changing the color, but I think I’ll stay with factory color

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to rinoline the tub/inside any thoughts pro/cons

·
Registered
201 Posts
NO! Restore it, paint it and lay new rubber back down. Original is best IMO and certainly for value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts