Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came out of a NAS Defender 90 I bought. They are obviously used but still work. The headlights say IPF and appear to be HID but I don't know if the harness is brand name or just home made.

Attach the red to a good power supply, the black to a good ground, plug the harness into one of the headlight plugs and thats it all the wiring you have to do.

$125 shipped conus

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I don't think you should say those are HID. They look like halogens, or your ballasts are disguised as relays. I may be wrong, but ballasts usually have pretty aggressive heat sinks.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
That's okay... its obvious they're plain old H4 lamps. Older son needs this setup for his RRC. Hell, I didn't even read the HID reference, just looked at the pics :)

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover, Tonga Green
93 Posts
I like this style of halogen set up way better than the blueish white light of the HID's. Especially in nasty winter style driving. I would have tried to snag these if I would have seen that they weren't HID. Pretty much the same setup I have in my RRC now only I am using Cibie lights and 80/100 bulbs. Your son should be stoked with these.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I'm curious why they have 3 relays rather than just high and low beam relays. What's the 3rd relay for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts