Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just found out that my "agreed value policy" will be terminated because they consider it "grey market" and manufactured for use outside the US.
What other companies have you had luck with? I will drive this truck more than 5k miles a year & a 16yr old will be in it as well. The 5k miles/yr seems to be an issue with insurance.
Love to hear some options.... names/agents etc....
THANKS!

·
Registered
88' 110
659 Posts
Try NCM Insurance. Not sure if they’ll have issue with 5k+ miles, but worth a shot. Easy folks to deal with if they have a policy that fits. Ask for Sam.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also try an insurance broker local to you. They will generate quotes based on whatever your requirements are.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i agree contact you agent and see what options they have. also call hagerty. consider putting the vehicle under its own policy and using an existing umbrella policy if you have one to extend coverage. as long as underlying policies are the same coverage but different underwriters a umbrella can be used for all exposures.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hagerty came through. agreed policy, miles i want and even added my 16yr old... for far less money. Ginnie @ NCM was great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts