Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever imported a International/MWM 2.8 diesel from a ford ranger in brazil. They are the last generation of the 300 tdi. They supply the parts that are used for the 2.8 upgrade. The exchange rate makes it possible.

Any experience with this engine?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know of one 2.8 that was fitted to an acquaintance's car a few years ago, seems to be happy with it. No clue how/where he got it.

·
Premium Member
10,911 Posts
The 2.8 International bore is only 3mm larger than a 300TDI.
The additional torque comes from stroking the 300TDI engine with the 2.8 crank and rods.
The longer the stroke, the greater the swept volume and thus the larger displacement.

We've been stroking 2.5 GM Iron Duke engines out to 3.0 Liters for many years.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
What do you want to know ? I have a few of them.

Back in the days, when I still lived I Europe, i used to import these from Brazil and sold them all over the world and also to USA. The engine doesn’t comply to any US emission standard but the people I sold to, took their change. Everything more then 10 years ago now.

Stil have some new spare parts if you need them

·
Registered
575 Posts

Back in the days, when I still lived I Europe, i used to import these from Brazil and sold them all over the world and also to USA. The engine doesn’t comply to any US emission standard but the people I sold to, took their change. Everything more then 10 years ago now.

Is it as simple as an overbore with a new piston?

·
Super Moderator
13,494 Posts
No. It is a different stroke as well. New crank rods and pistons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at used/new parts in Brazil. 300 tdis are so expensive other options or building a hybrid from parts from Brazil. Obviously M&D are getting there parts from somewhere and while I would like to buy from them there mark up is so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just bought one of these fitted with the VNT version in Africa. What parts might you have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts