Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at options and these are interesting and not much more than TF Dakar wheels.
They are heavy i know

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
No experience with the hutchinsons, but I have had Walker Evans and I plan on getting another set soon for my 110. If interested let me know we can order custom backspacing and in any finish you want. As for the Hutchinson's a good friend is talking about putting a set on his 110 DC with portals, I'll let you know how it drives next year at Moab:)

Attachments

Reactions: Hardtimes

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i have them and yes there heavy and putting them together is a chore the first time . I also use balance beads in them and they work great!
Are the beads needed I.e can the be balanced out normally..

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For balance I was think that it would be best to use stick on weights on the inside...

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
For balance I was think that it would be best to use stick on weights on the inside... Thanks for the info
not for beadlock wheels, the balancing beads are typically the recommend for for balancing them. If you do their non beadlock then traditional way is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
The Wheel is (in my opinion) very affordable for the quality. I picked one up for the first time yesterday and damn they are heavy. I planned on mating it with a 37 inch tire on my roof rack and might need to re imagine a way to lift it. That being said, there is no way I am using anything else.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are very high quality items.. I've been impressed with the Jeek JK ones that i have seen (mounted and apart)

A bit like when i Ran BBS motorsport E88 magnesiums on my 964 Cup :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I've ran a set on a 95 RRC and just love them....I've aired down to nothing numerous times without issue. Just bought another set for a D90 I am building up currently. With Nitto Tires I just have weights added to the inside.....even though I know the balance gets whacked the first time I go off-road. I do rotate my tires but never re-balance.....I just don't overthink the balancing part.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
No experience with the hutchinsons, but I have had Walker Evans and I plan on getting another set soon for my 110. If interested let me know we can order custom backspacing and in any finish you want. As for the Hutchinson's a good friend is talking about putting a set on his 110 DC with portals, I'll let you know how it drives next year at Moab:)
Walker Evans for me... Balanced perfectly with beads....

image-2476065962.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im interested in buying these for my 2015 defender, if they're heavier, wont it make the defender sluggish? I remember when I had my jeep that I put larger tires on it and the jeep felt dumb...

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Im interested in buying these for my 2015 defender, if they're heavier, wont it make the defender sluggish? I remember when I had my jeep that I put larger tires on it and the jeep felt dumb...
The Jeep Felt Dumb, now that's funny..

But there are two factors to consider here. Larger diameter tires change the gearing, effectively making it taller. So Acceleration will suffer. Think of it as starting out in second gear, which is taller than First gear. It may not be that dramatic of a difference, but same effect..

Then you have the weight of the wheel and tire combination. Its going to take more energy to get them moving, and more energy to stop them once they are...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts