Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody with a LT77 gearnox tell me if your seat box has this bracket that my finger is pointing to. Exmoor trim say only the R380 seat box is this way,

Thanks

There two differant seat box acoustic mats for the Defender with the hump for the bracket (R380) and flat for the (LT77)

I do not think that's true

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
Photo of your transmission tunnel would be great. I suspect you have the LT77 set up unless its been modified.

There are two different accoustic mat set ups. The Transmission tunnel determines the type you need.

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Can anybody with a LT77 gearnox tell me if your seat box has this bracket that my finger is pointing to. Exmoor trim say only the R380 seat box is this way,

Thanks

There two differant seat box acoustic mats for the Defender with the hump for the bracket (R380) and flat for the (LT77)

I do not think that's true
No pic

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok t
Do over, I have a metal tunnel with a LT77 as fitted as from Solihull

It's that bracket on the top middle of the seat box I am asking about.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you mean the raised square-edged lip at the front top of the seatbox, I have one on my LT77 seatbox.

My trans tunnel is metal.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you mean the raised square-edged lip at the front top of the seatbox, I have one on my LT77 seatbox.

My trans tunnel is metal.
That's the one, according to Exmoor Trimthat's a R380 sit-up. Bunch of Boneheads. So if you want a Exmoor/Wright off road seat box cover and you have that lip you need a R380 cover????????

If only life was that simple

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
No you need the lt77 cover. It is marked on the bottom side for cut out. Atleast it was on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you need the lt77 cover. It is marked on the bottom side for cut out. Atleast it was on mine.
You mean to say you cut that section out?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
You mean to say you cut that section out?
i did not because I have the v8 seat box with a 4cyl lt77 conversion. But the markings were there to cut it out. Once you do that the metal hump that you are talking about protrude through.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES that I know, what the question was, do all defender seat boxes have that bracket/square tubing thing on the top middle front of the seat box as in the picture.

Exmoor trim say the R380 models have it, which is a crock of shite!

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picture in question

What the finger is pointing at

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a Defender seatbox without that front lip thing.

Someone like Doug would be a good reference since he's seen so many Defenders.

I know for sure that series seatboxes don't have the lip.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
All four cyl boxes have that lip. Eight cyl boxes do not. You are correct you need the lt77 mat and there is a mark line on the bottom side to cut it out. Looking at the pictures when i ordered mine it looked like the older lt77 mats had the hump molded into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts