Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone, I am a US Army Soldier stationed in Bavaria, Germany. Here for you to learn me on these vehicles. I really like to look of these vehicles and am considering buying one. I've searched ebay & mobile.de website so far.

I would like to know more about the vehicle so it made sense to join your forum so you can help me understand more about the vehicle.

Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you, and ask for your patience as I am sure I will ask some of the same questions as others that were here before me. Thanks, Jim.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Welcome. Member JimC is stationed over in Stuttgart about 2.5 hours away from you and knows just about al there is to know about them.

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
Good day everyone, I am a US Army Soldier stationed in Bavaria, Germany. Here for you to learn me on these vehicles. I really like to look of these vehicles and am considering buying one. I've searched ebay & mobile.de website so far. I would like to know more about the vehicle so it made sense to join your forum so you can help me understand more about the vehicle. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you, and ask for your patience as I am sure I will ask some of the same questions as others that were here before me. Thanks, Jim.
Wonderful thread on importing Defenders into the USA Is a must read. Doubt even our finest get to escape US Custom regulations

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim, sounds great and I'd appreciate seeing the vehicle.

------ Follow up post added June 27th, 2015 01:19 PM ------

Hi Jim! have you ever had a Land Rover?
Kimberly, I have not owned one however, I am very interested in owning one. I like the style of them, not sure which model is the right model for me to pursue...I am heading back to the USA in about 9 - 10 months so I wanted to get my stuff together, do the research and find the right one, whether in Europe or back home...I appreciate any and all advice from all that own one, appreciate schooling me so I don't make costly mistakes. Thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for a nice one as a daily driver and also to pull my boat every other week. I think the diesel is the better option (for longevity and fuel economy purposes). I'd like to have the convenience of Air Conditioning, not even sure if its an option. Also, no problem if its right hand drive as I drove a right hand drive one 1996-1997 while we were in Bosnia, it was a green 2 - door with a 4 cylinder diesel, and a right hand drive. It was not fast but would go absolutely everywhere and went through the snow with no problems whatsoever.

There is one for sale on ebay that has my interest, it is a "Defender Dormobile Roof County 110".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts