Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Havens51,

Love, love, LOVE your posts and description of the DEFENDER!!!!

FLAGG

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to chime in here. I currently own 2 NAS '94 STs and 1 NAS '97 ST.

I also have owned many other LRs including a Series IIA 5 door.

I have driven nearly every type of sports car new and old, (all the big names), I have driven most of the luxury cars, RR, Bentley, Mercedes,. etc. and have driven the big SUV's and am familiar with Penzgauer and other big boys.

Two of my D90s are very low mileage and the other has 110,000 miles and a winter hard top.

What I want to say is this; THERE IS SIMPLY NOTHING ELSE THAT FEELS LIKE A NAS D90 ST.
THEY ARE TRULY THE ULTIMATE BEACH VEHICLES. SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT RELIABILITY, BUT MY EXPERIENCE OF WELL MAINTAINED UN "MUCKED WITH" TRUCKS HAS BEEN JUST A PLEASURE. ESPECIALLY THE D90 WITH 110,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK. ITS GOT HEART.

EVERY THING ABOUT THEM IS COOL. FROM THE SLIDIING WINDOWS, INTERIOR/EXTERIOR CAGE, SQUARE BRITISH LOOK, DO I NEED TO GO ON?

MANY OTHERS HAVE SAID SIMILAR THINGS. I KNOW JERRY SEINFELD LIKES HIS D90.

AM I CONCERNED ABOUT THE VALUE OF NAS WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF THE 2020 DEFENDER? WHY? THE TWO JUST DON'T RELATE IN MY OPINION.
HOW DOES THE 2020 RECREATE THE LOOK AND FEEL OF CRUISING ON THE BEACH WITH A BIMINI TOP OR SIDES ROLLED UP?

NOT TO MENTION THE SATISFACTION OF FORM AND FUNCTION IN ALL THE NAS 90S.

THEY'RE VERY EASY TO FALL IN LOVE WITH, AND ARE JUST SO MUCH FUN.
There’s just something about a manual gear box as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
D90s forever

There’s just something about a manual gear box as well.
Exactly! I have owned my '97 AA ST since 2005. I bought it because I was told that it was the D90 to have, especially on Nantucket. I still love it. But when I drove the '94, it was such a treat. It's not like I haven't driven any number of stick shifts in my life. But the '94 5 speed was such a different experience, especially off road. I'm hooked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,317 Posts
Exactly! I have owned my '97 AA ST since 2005. I bought it because I was told that it was the D90 to have, especially on Nantucket. I still love it. But when I drove the '94, it was such a treat. It's not like I haven't driven any number of stick shifts in my life. But the '94 5 speed was such a different experience, especially off road. I'm hooked.
never mind....

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
What do you do when the PO applied rhino liner? I lean towards a repaint to correct rhino but may be a moot point

At one point I had a picture of the ad or pic at a car show of all four hella trucks, but that was 15 years ago and I have no idea where it is. I have been trying to track down the laser red and java green since the early 2000s. We ran carfaxes a long time ago and both were in the Midwest (Ohio iirc). The pic of all four must be on the internet somewhere, but I can’t find it. ECR offered me the blue truck back in the day for a very nice price after the owner cooked the engine because he decided to adjust the fan belt, but I was poor then, hopefully someone here has it, because it is very special. Gil used to own (maybe still does) the orange truck. The 97 epsom mentioned above, don’t repaint it, I don’t care how bad the paint is. Polish, touch up etc. but leave the original paint. Lots of special paint cars (Porsche) got resprays and it kills the value.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I owned a 97 SW before my 95 ST.
I’ll take the manual 95 anyway.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts