Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS D90 (Arles Blue)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for front seat houndstooth covers.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
You'll need to be more specific.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t know enough to even know how to ask! Your questions actually helped me out. Looks like moorland is what I want. Essentially, stock NAS seat covers for the front seats.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rovers North carrier Exmoor Trim seat covers. Look on the web site for what you are looking for. Note, Moorland is discontinued, so you may need to change to something else.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tempted to recover the seats in my 97SW with fabric when the time comes.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do in my 97SW. I do like the exmoor denim covers that are on there now, but that vinyl does NOT breath at ALL. Can be miserable all year, but especially summer months.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, now I'm confused. What would be the proper replacement to go back to stock NAS? RN says theirs (Rayleigh) is not an exact match, and moorland is brown when I'm looking for grey. Thanks for all the help and educating me!

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
Bushwood is brown and white "houndstooth",
Moorland is grey and several shades of blue.
Rayleigh is something that came later.

The RN Catalogue is terrible.
The pictures rarely match the parts.
Sometimes I think they are afraid you'll try and purchase something from the web site.

Under: Defender -> Body Interior -> Retrim Kits, there was nothing in any "houndstooth" fabric.

Under: Defender -> Body Interior -> Seats -> Front Seats -> Seats, you can buy Seat Assm RHF Moorland Defender
Model #: BTR1764RUY for $899.17, but of course there is no picture to show you what the material looks like.
No wonder they have so many employees answering the phone because you have to call to ask about and verify the color assuming you want to lay out close to $2K for a pair of front seats that you can't see an on-line picture of.
On-line commerce started in 1991 and this is the best they can do in about 30 years.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
There's more...
If you scroll down, you'll finally see: Cover - Seat Back Defender Moorland Grey Model #: BTR1758RUY ($218,14) under front seats, not under retrim.
When you click on the picture it's too small to see what the damn thing looks like.
I saved the image and enlarged it and you can sort of get the idea of the pattern, but not very well.

So then I searched on Moorland.
Modular Seats Moorland Pair Model #: EXT301-MR came up for $1,812.91
And to make it worse what shows up in the picture, but a Brushwood seat with what looks like a "close up" of some type of "houndstooth" cloth that doesn't really match any of the factory colors.
You just can't make this up.

No wonder the OP could find the cloth pattern at the "authoritative website" of the USA source for all your Land Rover parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
Typo above should have read:
"No wonder the OP could NOT find the cloth pattern at the "authoritative website" of the USA source for all your Land Rover parts."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,621 Posts
I like the cloth in the winter bc it does not get rock hard like the vinyl can but, the cloth imo doesn’t really breath too much better than the vinyl in the hot humid summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
OEM Moorland has been NLA for awhile. Exmoor's version shows more olive than grey and doesn't match. Sheepskins solve a couple problems.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's more...
If you scroll down, you'll finally see: Cover - Seat Back Defender Moorland Grey Model #: BTR1758RUY ($218,14) under front seats, not under retrim.
When you click on the picture it's too small to see what the damn thing looks like.
I saved the image and enlarged it and you can sort of get the idea of the pattern, but not very well.

So then I searched on Moorland.
Modular Seats Moorland Pair Model #: EXT301-MR came up for $1,812.91
And to make it worse what shows up in the picture, but a Brushwood seat with what looks like a "close up" of some type of "houndstooth" cloth that doesn't really match any of the factory colors.
You just can't make this up.

No wonder the OP could find the cloth pattern at the "authoritative website" of the USA source for all your Land Rover parts.
You've explained my pains better than I could lol. I appreciate you validating my difficulties...I'm usually pretty internet and tech-savy so this all makes sense to me now. RN's site has always given me fits.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
You've explained my pains better than I could lol. I appreciate you validating my difficulties...I'm usually pretty internet and tech-savy so this all makes sense to me now. RN's site has always given me fits.
Savvy is a relative term when it comes to knowledge base on a web site **** show!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
RDavis, have you looked at Exmoor’s site?

That’s their entire photo selection for Rayleigh retrim kits. That’s the manufacturer!

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
No offence intended, but I could care less about Rayleigh.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
No offense taken. Was just an example that Exmoor themselves have limited info.

Todd022 - For stock NAS type appearance, Exmoor Denim Twill. Or BritPart. Have done a few of their retrim kits and quality seems same as Exmoor.

Here’s a BritPart link with instructions on how to do it.
Good time to do seat heaters also, if you live in an area that warrant it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts